Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Simplicity Regent drive belt

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clint(oh)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject: Simplicity Regent drive belt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 2001 Simplicity regent that the drive belt keeps coming off of. I have checked all of the pulleys and belt stops and everything is moving freely and in place. I'm curious to know if there is a way to tighten this belt.

Thanks

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Simplicity Regent drive belt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Three things can make a V belt jump off. The first is misaligned pulleys they should be within 1/4 inch of each other at 2' or less if closer. Some pulleys are designed to be tollerant for mower height adjustment, but not drive belts. The second is looseness. Usually tensioners are spring loaded. If yours are weak or the belt is too long, or worn thin, that is possible. The last is the belt itself can have broken or internally delaminated reinforcement that allows twisting between pulleys. Jim

T.R.K.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Simplicity Regent drive belt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JanNicholson makes some good points.

I just want to add: Have you tried a new belt? And are you using OEM belts? For some applications, The OEM belt is the only way to get a reasonable life out of the belt.

ztrmower
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Simplicity Regent drive belt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

first is this a new issue, second do you have the correct belt,you have an alignment issue if its doing it several times.let me know. i probably still have a belt on hand for the unit if that is the issue

Clint(oh)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Simplicity Regent drive belt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I went underneath the tractor today to put the belt back on and I considered the advise of something being out of line. I noticed where it looked like a bolt was missing from the frame to the transmission, so I replaced it. I replaced the belt (OEM) and after everything was connected I pulled the belt by hand. I noticed that it was catching on something and when I looked toward the drive pulley I see that the there are a few blades on the hysrostatic fan that are riding up and making contact with the belt. So, how difficult is it to replace the fan and do I have to drop the entire axle to do it.

T.R.K.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Simplicity Regent drive belt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, You're looking at it and we are not.

Can you get to it from the top? I am thinking most Simplicity(s) had gas tanks above the transmission. If so, you have the choice, Do I remove the seat, fender, and fuel tank, or do I drop the transmission?

(Its not been unheard of to snip off the 'offending' part of those fan blades when on other make mowers, but don't quote me on that. . . )

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters