Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

ssquare ssocket set for old fashion nuts and bolts

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert12345
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject: ssquare ssocket set for old fashion nuts and bolts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

do they make a socket set for old fashion square nuts and bolts, my allis b has a lot of squaare nuts and bolts as you know and every once in a while i have to reach in to loosen or tighten a square nolt, i cant away find a 12 pt socket that will do the trick sometimes, do they make square socket sets? and if they do where can i get a set. any info appreciated. one other thing what is the best metal to metal bonding JB weld or is there a better one?

Jim.ME
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: ssquare ssocket set for old fashion nuts and bolts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just web search 8 point sockets, they are available many places. Likely the place you normally get tools can order them for you as well.

Mike Groom
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: ssquare ssocket set for old fashion nuts and bolts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think Harbor Freight might have square socket sets,I bought a off brand some where but can't remember who I got it from,don't use it very often but it does come in handy!

Robert12345
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: ssquare ssocket set for old fashion nuts and bolts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

can the right 8 point socket fit over american sqeare nuts and bolts from3/8 inch across to 1 inch across? maybe i need to get into the
32nds sizes. still would like a set of squares f they make them thanks

gatz271
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: ssquare ssocket set for old fashion nuts and bolts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

this 8-point set goes from 3/8 to 1 1/4
scroll down to read the questions segment

https://www.amazon.com/Williams-WSS-814RC-14-Piece-Point-Socket/dp/B001DNZ508/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=8+point+socket+set&pd_rd_r=3be31b0f-a792-4700-af62-cd604b3d1989&pd_rd_w=RzkvU&pd_rd_wg=6cK0o&pf_rd_p=4fa0e97a-13a4-491b-a127-133a554b4da3&pf_rd_r=V94G2D96RXXFWBJDTR4Q&qid=1622846015&sr=8-7

gatz271
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: ssquare ssocket set for old fashion nuts and bolts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hmmm, when you went to that page, did my own Amazon info show up ?

Robert12345
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: ssquare ssocket set for old fashion nuts and bolts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

wow thats one long link, does it mean you have found a set of square sockets or 8 pt. sockets so fsr ive trid farm fleet, menards, freight none even heard of square sets and none carry 8pt socket sets,i guess its vice grips

Robert12345
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: ssquare ssocket set for old fashion nuts and bolts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i did get your amazon info ill try it ,

Robert12345
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: ssquare ssocket set for old fashion nuts and bolts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

wow i did not know 8 point sockets were that expensive or hard to find no wonder i dont have any, one set of seven was $50 and i believe they said some could be used? an eye opener for me

gatz271
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: ssquare ssocket set for old fashion nuts and bolts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

did you look at the set ?

4wdtom
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: ssquare ssocket set for old fashion nuts and bolts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

McMaster Carr

Cash4Toys
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: ssquare ssocket set for old fashion nuts and bolts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Find your local Snap-On tool man, or shop that he frequents. They still make them.

Robert12345
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: ssquare ssocket set for old fashion nuts and bolts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i got to the amazon page they had sets of 8 poin,t one set of 7 was $50 i may buy them, if i got this right the 8 point will fit over e square nut or bolt and i dont need to look for a set of square sockets. i have wrenches that fit just not sockets.

Jim.ME
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: ssquare ssocket set for old fashion nuts and bolts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

8 point sockets are commonly used on square nuts and pipe plugs, you don't need square (4 point sockets). If you know the open end wrenches that fit the nuts you have, be sure those sizes are in the 8 point socket set before you purchase the set.

tractorguy2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: ssquare ssocket set for old fashion nuts and bolts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Craftsman still makes a small set of 8 point sockets.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters