Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

DC FRONT TIRE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KENIND
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject: DC FRONT TIRE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello, I have a 1950 Case DC that I need to have a new tire tube installed. Where do I jack the tractor up at. And the tire looks like it would be very heavy. Like a cast rim with only 3 bolts holding it on. I would like any HELP with any knowledge on what to do.....Thanks, Kenny

rfdmn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: DC FRONT TIRE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

KENIND wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:44:30 06/10/21) Hello, I have a 1950 Case DC that I need to have a new tire tube installed. Where do I jack the tractor up at. And the tire looks like it would be very heavy. Like a cast rim with only 3 bolts holding it on. I would like any HELP with any knowledge on what to do.....Thanks, Kenny

Drive the other tire up on a block of wood if it's a narrow front. Find help with the rim they're as heavy as they look.

John Saeli
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: DC FRONT TIRE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jack under the axle, or if narrow, follow RFDMN's advice. However, don't remove the rim from the tractor. Much easier to leave rim on the
wheel and replace the tube, the same as the professionals do replacing or servicing a rear tire.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: DC FRONT TIRE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I usually leave the wheel on the tractor and remove the tire from the wheel.

tomturkey
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: DC FRONT TIRE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Casecollectorsc describes what I do for my DC front tire problems. With narrow front tractor drive good tire up on a block, then
remove the tire and tube without taking the rim off. Wide front, jack up axle and remove tire and tube leaving rim on the hub. I
removed the tire and rim(heavy) to replace the bearings, it was a bit tough, used the cherry picker made it doable. gobble

wilson ind
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: DC FRONT TIRE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is not like a cast rim . it is a cast rim.

Greenfrog
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: DC FRONT TIRE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Drive good wheel up on a block..two by six or eight.
Heavy cast iron.
Real devil to put back on. Get one bolt threaded in, rotate wheel and good luck.

KENIND
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: DC FRONT TIRE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions. I did run it up in a block and had the tire guy come out and put a new tube in it and we are back in business. Again THANKS..... Kenny

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters