Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

super c plow

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dahlin
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject: super c plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

what would be the best plow for a super c 2 point fast hitch thanks for the help. Randy

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: super c plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hard to say. Soil condition and type make a big difference and where you are can also. I have a 2 bottom disk plow that would probably be a good match to it

dahlin
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: super c plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks old I have a two bottom snap coupler moldboard plow for Allis CA and it works well in our soil so I would like a two bottom fast hitch for the Farmall but I don't know which number plow to look for. Thanks again Randy

Frank Caldwell
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: super c plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If your super C is now a 135 and the soil is a silt loam, it will do fine with a 2-14. Otherwise with a silty clay loam 2-12, or a 1-16 in silty clay/caly

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: super c plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The disk plow I have is a 2 bottom IH fast hitch plow. Had if a long time and nothing to use it behind plus I don't do any plowing any more any how. It would probably work just fine behind your tractor

dahlin
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: super c plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Super C should do about the same as the Ca that plow is two 14s the Ca has a great draft control set up and I am not sure about the super C .Thanks Randy

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: super c plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not sure how to measure this disk plow. I have used it behind a 300U I have and it didn't notice it was on and that is in the black clay we have here in MO.

Ken Monroe
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: super c plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-old wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:50:43 06/13/21) Not sure how to measure this disk plow. I have used it behind a 300U I have and it didn't notice it was on and that is in the black clay we have here in MO.
I'd be interested in the disc plow if you want to sell it.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: super c plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've had it up for sale on and off for a few years now. I had it listed here a couple years ago but no takers. My e-mail is open if you want to know more

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: super c plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The prongs on a SC are 1/2 thinner top to bottom than a 300/350. Same spacing but too fat vertically Jim

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: super c plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is a 300U so not sure if that matters. I know the tractor that it had been used with was a 230

gab
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: super c plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think the most common plow is the one with the big spring on top, C20 I think. That's the one we had on the farm new in 53 and I bought one about twenty five years ago but never used it.

WESnIL
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: super c plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The International Harvester model C-20 plow would be the plow of choice and also be vintage correct. It had the small point (2 1/2 vertical measurement) fast hitch prongs designed for the Farmall Super C, 200, and 230 tractors but that same small point fast hitch equipment could be used on large point fast hitch tractors like the 300, 350, etc. with a set of 1/2 spacers. As already mentioned 2 x 12's for heavier soil and 2 x 14's for the lighter soil. Or even a C-10, the one bottom version but they are very hard to find. In my experience many of those plows came with Plow Chief bottoms but those with Super Chief bottoms are easier to find wear parts for the bottoms. One might even get lucky and find a C-22 Canadian made hillside plow in 10, 11, 12, or 14 inch bottoms or the C-200 2 blade disk plow with 24 or 26 inch blades. Without a picture it is difficult to verify but this appears to be the plow that Old has (for sale). That plow would pull easier and work better in trashy conditions.

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: super c plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Farmall 2 Point Fast Hitches come in two sizes, large and small prong. All equipment we normally handle in 2 Point Hitch are the smaller hitch prong size and were produced for the Super C, 200, and 230 series tractors. Larger prong 2 Point Fast Hitch equipment is for the 300 and larger size IH tractors. Quoted from a supplier. The smaller prongs work in a 300 if a shim is used under the prongs. All is well. Jim

BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: super c plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The C20 plow can be adjusted for width of cut with a few bolts. I think the frame can be set for 12, 14, or 16".

Some will tell you that you have to replace all the plow bottom parts along with that, but as long as you're going narrower it's not a problem. 14" shares will cut a 12" furrow just fine. The only place where you're "overcutting" is the front bottom on the first pass. Not a problem, because you're not plowing as deep on the first pass anyway. I run 18" shares on my 16" 4-bottom 700 plow and it works just fine.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters