Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Tie Rod's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
viper71285
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:25 am    Post subject: Tie Rod's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am needing to replace the Tie Rod ends on my case 411 but my research on what parts to order has came up empty as I don't see anything listed anywhere.

Thanks in Advance.

This post was edited by viper71285 on 06/14/2021 at 09:23 am.

DanielW
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Tie Rod's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can't say for sure not having owned a 411, but if it's a ball-joint style similar to the 430/530/630, the end is G45368 for a right-hand threaded end and G45369 for left-hand threaded.

I strongly suspect these are the part numbers if it is a ball-joint style. The same ends were used on piles of tractors - not just Case.

Dealers will probably order the aftermarket ones from AI, which is the same part number, just preceded by, A-, (i.e. A-G45368 and A-G45369). Any dealer can order from AI; I just ordered a set for my 530 and ordered from the Massey dealer because they were $10 a piece cheaper for the same part.

The 630 I have has a few places where these are used. One is the linkage between the two wheels, and these just thread in with a jam nut - one left threaded and one right. Another is the linkage from the steering gear to the left-hand wheel, which uses these same joints, but they're welded into a piece of pipe to make a fixed-length linkage. If you have to replace this, just get a piece of Sched. 80 pipe or heavy-wall DOM the right length. Wrap a wet rag around the joint while you weld so you don't wreck the rubber boot with too much heat, but don't get it too close to the weld and cool the joint fast or you'll make it brittle. And obviously if you're welding them in place it doesn't matter if they're LH or RH threaded - when I ordered them the LH was slightly more expensive.

Again, I could be wrong because I don't know the front end of a 411, but if it's a ball-joint style I suspect these are right.

Good luck with it,

Daniel

Denny K
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Tie Rod's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try John Saeli. Their knowledge and service is very difficult to beat.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters