Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

impllements for a non hydraulic b

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert12345
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject: impllements for a non hydraulic b Reply to specific post Reply with quote

other than pull a plow or wagon or even with a plow a b without hydraulics uses a spring aid to the operataor in lifting a plow or belly mower, have i got that right?, a bush hog for a b would have a third wheel on the ground at all times, any body got a thread to implements made for a b. mine has two ears with one inch holes on each side of radiatgor welded to frame so maybe for a front blade? got to figurte out how to send pics.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: impllements for a non hydraulic b Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've observed several expedients people implemented to get around this, such as a front blade having arms that pivoted from the finals and was raised and lowered with a automotive steering gear and side mounted steering wheel on a 38 B. Another example was a 3 point with a hand operated pump on an IB. The front blade arrangement was fairly effective as there was clearance enough to work with under the front axle. The hand pump wasn't as it couldn't handle the weight of any significant implement.

Certainly tow-behind implements designed for ATVs would work well. Only problem there is the cost. Those tend to be self-supporting with multiple wheels.

d13series1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: impllements for a non hydraulic b Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have a front blade that dries off the finals, and yes it has a helper spring.

Nordic
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: impllements for a non hydraulic b Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anywhere you can mount an electric winch you can lift all kinds of implements. Last fall I put on a heavy duty snow blade on my WF tractor w/o hydraulics. It works excellent, I thought maybe a 42 amp alternator would struggle to keep up but not at all. The battery seems to be fully charged when I park. My winch is 5000 lb., more power than many hydraulic set ups.

Robert12345
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: impllements for a non hydraulic b Reply to specific post Reply with quote

you wouldnt have the plans or a photo of how you did it

Robert12345
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: impllements for a non hydraulic b Reply to specific post Reply with quote

was it made for the tractor and does it have a model no, or all self design?

Robert12345
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: impllements for a non hydraulic b Reply to specific post Reply with quote

appreciate the reply

Nordic
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: impllements for a non hydraulic b Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Robert, I'll be glad to send you some pictures if you give me a bit of time. I'm probably a bit rusty with putting pictures on here but will give it a try. As I said earlier it's an Allis Chalmers WF that I put the winch lift on but I also have a B model with a snow blade, the push frame attaches to the final drive housings and it has a hydraulic lift on it. The pump is a Charlene style pump that runs off the PTO and it works like music on the B models, my '48 B doesn't have the Allis hyd. pump, this Charlene pump is more efficient. I'll try to send you pictures of the blade set up on the B as well. The lift on my B could just as easily be done with an electric winch as well. I bought my B with the hydraulic set up all on it. The B is excellent for moderate snow pushing, it is very quick with shifting gears, the blade lifts fast and the whole unit manoeuvres very quickly. Having said all that... I don't even know if you have snow where you live LOL.

Jim.ME
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: impllements for a non hydraulic b Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Most any implement, appropriately sized of course, can be used with a B. Drawbar pull with mechanical lift ones are the ones you will be looking for without adding hydraulics to your tractor. Also something like a rotary brush cutter will have two wheels on the unit and a mechanical height adjustment. Using a single wheel with a drawbar pull would be prone to tipping side to side. A caster type single tail wheel would be on a 3 point hitch type unit, where the two draft links provide the means to keep them level.

If you insert "allischalmers" in place of "blank" in the address below it in your browser and search it should take you to a discussion on another site with a number of pictures of Bs, with equipment people have hooked to theirs. Some with and without hydraulics.

https://www.blank.com/forum/show-your-b-implements_topic146070.html

Robert12345
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: impllements for a non hydraulic b Reply to specific post Reply with quote

looking forward to pics, can send to my e mail if that is easier rfp5114@yahoo.com, got plenty of snows most years

Nordic
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: impllements for a non hydraulic b Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Robert12345 wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:25:43 06/17/21) looking forward to pics, can send to my e mail if that is easier rfp5114@yahoo.com, got plenty of snows most years
I trust you got the pictures I emailed you.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters