Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

More hay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Destroked 450
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:18 pm    Post subject: More hay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know some areas are dry causing low numbers in hay production, but in my part of Ky we've had a good amount of rain with above normal temps.
This as resulted in higher yields than normal with some fields making record numbers of bales

Two fields have made 8.4 4x5 rolls per acre which I though would be my top producing fields

But a 15 acre field we baled yesterday made 149 rolls or 9.9 rolls per acre

This is good because with last years low numbers I feed out all my reserve hay over the winter, need to build my reserves back up some

flying belgian
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: More hay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good for you and it looks like top quality
hay too.

Ellis Kinney
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: More hay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am experiencing the same thing. I live in Northern Ky. 30 miles southeast of Cincy and we have had an abundance of rain. This week has been perfect for haying with very low humidity, a
light breeze and sunshine. My fields are producing like never before. Ellis

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: More hay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Missouri started out cool and wet this year. Most years the hay if pretty much done by now but not this year. It has now turned hot and dry and the hay will be okay but that is about it. The clover is good but the grass is past what it should be

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: More hay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

9.9/acre WOW! it must have been difficult to get it dried down.

Destroked 450
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: More hay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry didn't get out of the hay field till after 10:00 pm last night which is a hour earlier than the night before.

Actually we have been having great hay drying weather this week, I mowed that hay Saturday and let it lay Sunday, Monday I started tedding but soon realized the hay was dry enough to bale, so that what we did.
We mowed 34 acres Tuesday and part of it was dry enough the bale late yesterday, but we decided to mow the last 30 acres and will start baling today

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters