Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

IH 684 aux valve low pressure

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Case845XL
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject: IH 684 aux valve low pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi.
Have a few problems. When i pull the aux valve (one way) lever nothing happens but when i give some rpm to the engine pressure starts to go upwards all the way to 2500 psi (measured from the aux valve) on max engine rpm. Aux pressure is related to engine rpm. I would like to use hydraulic log splitter but its not possible if i have to rev the engine on 2300 rpm!
Second problem is when i move the lever all the way down engine sounds to carry load much more than when the lever is pulled fully up.
So far I have taken apart the unloading/flow control valve and the aux valve but found nothing wrong in there.
Pump is fairly new, oil and filter are new. Steering and 3point hitch works fine.
EDIT: When the aux lever is pulled the 3point hitch makes small upward movement.

This post was edited by Case845XL on 06/21/2021 at 11:11 pm.

caterpillar guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: IH 684 aux valve low pressure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The lever pushed all the way down is a float position. With the lever in the middle position neutral up should pressurize and down just before the detent should do likewise. Now you said you changed the filter. Did you put the tin screen back in and the right way? Also is the system full of crude that it could already be plugged again? If these all are good then you may have a blown gasket in the MCV An o-ring could also be partially squeezed out of place on assembly on it somewhere also. You really need to put it on a flow rater to measure the volume and pressure at the same time. This will give you the health of the pump and valves as well as tell you what pressure the system is doing this at. I believe there is a valve under the tinwork at the front of the seat that may have a bearing on this problem. Can't remember without digging out the book for the 574 which is the same basic tractor just a model older.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters