Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

What Plugs Points for 3020 LP?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelly in tx
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject: What Plugs Points for 3020 LP? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My owner's manual doesn't tell me what spark plug numbers or points numbers to use in my John Deere 3020 LP tractor.
The manual does tell the gaps for the plugs and the points.

Please help, if you can. Thanks, kelly

wore out
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: What Plugs Points for 3020 LP? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Kelly in tx wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:52:44 06/23/21) My owner's manual doesn't tell me what spark plug numbers or points numbers to use in my John Deere 3020 LP tractor.
The manual does tell the gaps for the plugs and the points.

Please help, if you can. Thanks, kelly

For the LP models jdparts.com recommends AR26544/Champion D9, as an alternative, NGK B1AB6 spark plugs.

For breaker points, need to know if distributor cap is held on with two spring clips (older style Delco), or two screws (newer style Delco).

If there's a good counterman at a local autoparts store they can match up the points, they are the same us is used in 6-cylinder Chevy engines from the late 50's to the early 70's.

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What Plugs Points for 3020 LP? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

18mm non resistor Autolite 3116.. If you are listening to AM radio on the tractor , use Autolite 386.

Took about two minutes to find this info on the free online JD parts book and post it here.

SPARK PLUG
Part Number TY21725
(A) (B) (PRESTOLITE) (SUB FOR AA6332R, AR14019, AR26469, AR14021, TY6073 OR TY6074)
SPARK PLUG
Part Number AA4053R
(A) (CHAMPION)
SPARK PLUG
Part Number AR26544
(C) (CHAMPION) (SUB FOR AR26543 OR AR26545)
KIT
Part Number AR46274
RADIATION SUPPRESSION SPARK PLUG CABLE FOR USE WITH RADIO, (SUB AR46278, AR46279 AND AR46280)
16 - POINT
Part NumberAR31814
Qty Req1
Remarks(SUB FOR R11266)
View Alternative Parts

SPARK PLUG
Part Number AR26544
(C) (CHAMPION) (SUB FOR AR26543 OR AR26545)
SPARK PLUG
Part Number AA4053R
(A) (CHAMPION)
SPARK PLUG
Part Number TY21725
(A) (B) (PRESTOLITE) (SUB FOR AA6332R, AR14019, AR26469, AR14021, TY6073 OR TY6074)
KIT
Part Number AR46274
RADIATION SUPPRESSION SPARK PLUG CABLE FOR USE WITH RADIO, (SUB AR46278, AR46279 AND AR46280)

This post was edited by buickanddeere on 06/24/2021 at 08:27 am.

Kelly in tx
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What Plugs Points for 3020 LP? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks!!!

John T
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What Plugs Points for 3020 LP? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ive had best luck with Autolite and since its NOT a Mag I dont mind using resistor plugs. If it calls for Autolite 386 ?? Id use the slightly hotter 388 if its a lighter duty use tractor

John T

matthies
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What Plugs Points for 3020 LP? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Replace the plugs with the same thing. Worked for a lady that had 4 lp deeres, 2 3020's, 4010 and a 4020. Had to replace the plugs in one 3020, brought Autolites that I bought for other tractors of hers. Fought that darn thing for a half hour and couldn't get it to start. She came walking by and said I had to use Champions, I chuckled, she smirked and went to the shed brought out the Champions, installed them and it started right up. She said I wasn't the only one to get educated on that one.

John T
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: What Plugs Points for 3020 LP? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's what I enjoy when opinions of the best brand of say oil or spark plugs or cars or tools and even recently bed sheets comes up lol, the fun of reading all the different views experiences and opinions AND THEY ARE ALL RIGHT MIND YOU. One can have the EXACT opposite experiences and opinions of someone else, but hey wouldn't it be a boring world if we all had the same opinions now !!!

Regardless, hope here all agree on God Bless America

Best wishes take care now, fun chatting with you

John T Happy at peace and contented camper

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters