Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

MF 202 power steering box

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blubyu24
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:03 am    Post subject: MF 202 power steering box Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I recently began repairing my stepfather's 1963 Massey Ferguson 202 work bull (gas engine)....it has multiple issues, but our starting point was repairing the power steering malfunction and leaks. We have found that almost all the parts inside the steering gear are broken; however, I cannot find a complete assembly anywhere. I can find the manual steering gear assemblies everywhere, but nothing for power steering. Does anyone have a suggestion of who I can contact to help me find what we need?

shaeff
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: MF 202 power steering box Reply to specific post Reply with quote

blubyu24 wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:03:15 06/22/21) I recently began repairing my stepfather's 1963 Massey Ferguson 202 work bull (gas engine)....it has multiple issues, but our starting point was repairing the power steering malfunction and leaks. We have found that almost all the parts inside the steering gear are broken; however, I cannot find a complete assembly anywhere. I can find the manual steering gear assemblies everywhere, but nothing for power steering. Does anyone have a suggestion of who I can contact to help me find what we need?

Best bet would be to either find a parts machine to swap over, or upgrade it to a hydrostatic setup like Inno, BigRed and Caryc both did here on the forums.

Caryc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: MF 202 power steering box Reply to specific post Reply with quote

blubyu24 wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:03:15 06/22/21) I recently began repairing my stepfather's 1963 Massey Ferguson 202 work bull (gas engine)....it has multiple issues, but our starting point was repairing the power steering malfunction and leaks. We have found that almost all the parts inside the steering gear are broken; however, I cannot find a complete assembly anywhere. I can find the manual steering gear assemblies everywhere, but nothing for power steering. Does anyone have a suggestion of who I can contact to help me find what we need?

I tried to post the info to help you but they won't let me post it here, sorry.

54FergieTO30
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 202 power steering box Reply to specific post Reply with quote

blubyu24 wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:03:15 06/22/21) I recently began repairing my stepfather's 1963 Massey Ferguson 202 work bull (gas engine)....it has multiple issues, but our starting point was repairing the power steering malfunction and leaks. We have found that almost all the parts inside the steering gear are broken; however, I cannot find a complete assembly anywhere. I can find the manual steering gear assemblies everywhere, but nothing for power steering. Does anyone have a suggestion of who I can contact to help me find what we need?

I may have something you can use. email me at jeff_johnston_07@nwcable.net

I have trouble posting pics on here but I can send some pics to you through email. I am in southern Illinois

BIG1RED9
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 202 power steering box Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I fooled around with the stock system for quite awhile and it never worked well or it leaked really bad. After the conversion I can steer with a couple of fingers when empty, one hand when full. I would strongly suggest looking into it.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters