Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

ok heres the deal............ question?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: ok heres the deal............ question? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok guys help me out on this one, I have a to 30 that I was going to get going,, never did, it is complete, and I have been mowing around it as well as another to 20 that has most of the tin gone but drivetrain mostly complete,,, I have put them both up here, tried ebay, local papers,, now is there a need for parts for these machines on ebay or whatever? I have sold parts for the N series, but there doesnt seem to be much of a calling for fergy parts?I have watched fergy parts on ebay too and there doesnt seem to be many??? or maybe just not enough going to parts, I am either going to send it to the auction and take my chances or if I think there is a need for parts I will part it out and put them on ebay but I dont really have the time to end up with a lot of parts that are just going to sit around and not sell,,, any input would be greatly appreciated,, otherwise its off to the auction next week and I'll cringe at what I get for it....thansk pat

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: ok heres the deal............ question? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Could it be that not much goes wrong with the Fergies and spare parts are not needed often?

Could it be that you are asking too much?

Could you be in an area of the country with many tractors of a similar size and small demand?

Could it be that people interested in working tractors are buying newer models?

The internet is powerful and is connecting tractor buyers and sellers from around the country very easily so it is possible to find a lot of value in a tractor for the money if a diligent search is done.

RockyMo
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: ok heres the deal............ question? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What part of the country are you located in? I may be interested in the 30 depending on price and location.

RockyMO
1942 Ford 2N
1953 Ferguson TO 30
Massey Ferguson 2135
Oliver OC3

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: ok heres the deal............ question? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

its located in upstate ny I figured it was worth 700 bucks, maybe not, I know I paid more than that for it,,,

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: ok heres the deal............ question? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

could be,, but I have seen them break as much as any other 40 50 year old tractor

I was asking I believe around 700 bucks , I didnt think that was too high for a complete tractor that could easily run

I believe that there are quite a few tractors of this size around here

I think that has a lot to do with it as they are buying more and more newer tractors becaus eyou can go down an buy a new tractor for little downa nd only 500 a month,,,

I also believe there are alot of collectors out there that use there tractors everyday and show them as well, I just didnt know if I wanted to put all the time into parting it out when it would be an easy restore,, but I have to think on it I guess, maybe I will test the waters with the to20 and that will tell me of need for other parts I guess,

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: ok heres the deal............ question? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hang in there. I sold a TO-20 last year with stuck engine for $400.00 It was complete but needed a radiator and exhaust manifold. Pretty rough but all there. Your TO-30 is worth $700. Stick with it for a while. I have two TO-35's and wouldn't part with either of them. Love them Fergies.
Landon

Dan S (NY)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: ok heres the deal............ question? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where in upstate NY are you located? If you are close enough to me I may also be interested. Also, how much for the TO20?

Dan

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: ok heres the deal............ question? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thats a mind easer, I didnt figure I was way out onthe price,, I kinda wish I needed another tractor around the place but thats not the case,, I'm already lending some out with haying season here hahahha, thanks pat

Lance J.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: ok heres the deal............ question? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pat, the engine and transmission castings on your tractors will always be worth alot to someone who needs them. If you will go to a discussion on this forum called "crack saga" from June 6 and 7, you'll find one of our members, Melville Will, has a need for a Fergie engine block. Maybe you guys could help each other out. Check it out, I think its on page 3 or 4.Lance J.

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: ok heres the deal............ question? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

where in upstate ny are you

DennisPinOhio
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: ok heres the deal............ question? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why don"t you try the Classified section on this web site?
List what you have with asking price(s), etc. I"ll bet you will get results.

RockyMo
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: ok heres the deal............ question? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well your absolutely right, it should be worth $700. Unfortunately I am in Missouri and the shipping costs are to severe. If it were closer I would have gladly purchased it for that price. It does seem that all of the stuff I am interested in is either in PA or NY for some reason. Try posting specifics of what you have on this site in the ads section. On ebay if you type in tractor and then search agriculture and forestry that is where I find most listings. An ebay ad in this section should sell everything for you, you just need to be specific about what you have. I hope this all works out well for you but I truly wish you were just closer to me.

RockyMO
1942 Ford 2N
1953 Ferguson TO 30
Massey Ferguson 2135
Oliver OC3

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: ok heres the deal............ question? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where in upstate NY are you located?Are you near Rochester?

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: ok heres the deal............ question? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

these are located outside norwich ny, between binghamton and utica, I didnt want his to be a selling ad,, I may try this classifieds site again,, I would take 4oo for the to20 and 700 for the to30. I will post a picture in the ad section, thanks for the help. if it doesnt sell in the ads this time maybe I will part it out on ebay as that seems the easiest way to reach majority ,,pat

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: ok heres the deal............ question? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

norwich ny,,south of utica

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters