Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Pre-65 4cyl. English Ford diesel motor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Pre-65 4cyl. English Ford diesel motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where is a good place to purchase parts for this engine without losing most of my gonads. I'll need a couple of pistons, all the p-rings, cam shaft, bearings, etc. It has a Simms injector pump that probably should get rebuilt-is this something a layman can do? Thanks Udo

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre-65 4cyl. English Ford diesel motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Frank....What is it a Dexta ??? I think NAPA has some stuff for these..I've got some off the wall parts for other applications..

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre-65 4cyl. English Ford diesel motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is it a tractor motor or Ford industrial?

cowman1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: What is it in?? Re: Pre-65 4cyl. English Ford diesel motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

First you got to know what you have! If you know what it is you can buy parts for the engine if you have the right one I have 2 good used pistons on rods, If you need a Ijc pump and yours is the correct model, I can supply you with a unused fresh rebuilt pump. But I only have one of one type there are 2 types.

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Pre-65 4cyl. English Ford diesel motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

FTU//Shame you cant use later engine have 69? out of boat had fresh water system ran two summers to small they inatalled v8.I bought it sitting in a crate in a garage.I would dought if it,s got 500 hours on it.In south east Pa.

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Pre-65 4cyl. English Ford diesel motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey! Don't you guys ever sleep, punched in the crawler-loader site to see what's new this AM and already have a couple of responces. Thanks a lot. Motor cam out of C4 skidder; year? but probably before 65. Serial# of skidder:660427890. # on motor S418277. Like Enrico from 2nd Wind says" why buy new when slightly used will do" so I'll be interested in used parts. I only use the skidder a max of 2o hours a year. Once again, Thanks, Udo from BWCAW country.

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre-65 4cyl. English Ford diesel motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know what a C4 skidder is - but I rebuilt several British diesel four-bangers in some older Timberjack and Treefarmer skidders - they were Ford Major diesels.

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What is it in?? Re: Pre-65 4cyl. English Ford diesel mot Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cowman: According to JDM it must be Ford Major because it came out of a C4 Timberjack skidder. The tag on the Simms inj. reads P4596. The piston is 3 and7/8" by 4 and 11/16". Now if I can find a good used cam shaft. I'll be interested in your parts if they fit. Thanks, Udo

AJK
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre-65 4cyl. English Ford diesel motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There a lots of models of the Ford industrial engines,you need to get the the model number from the block,its stamped on the right hand side back top corner of the block,see the sketch I posted,about the injector pump its not a job for a layman as it will require phasing and calibration after a rebuild.
Good Luck
AJ
Ford Block

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters