Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

RIP 715

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: RIP 715 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

found a cracked block in my heirloom 560 gas. If it wasn't Dad's tractor I'd hit it over the head, but I want to save is so I guess I'll sacrifice my 715 gas hydro. I used it last fall and it even made it into the Red Power Magazine, but I only have a couple hundred in it so I guess it will furnish the donor engine for the transplant.

NutsaboutCombines
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: RIP 715 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom, that is just craziness! There's got to be a lot of otherwise dead 715's around for that! You should not even have to consider ripping apart a live, healthy combine for this kind of stuff!

Especially not after you and this 715 were featured in some collectors magazine! I should not even have to be telling you this! Geesh!

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: RIP 715 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If it's a small crack, try JB Weld. Has worked for me in the past.

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: RIP 715 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We ran a case vac one season years ago that had a crack so bad every morning we hosed the oil out of the radiator, and then kept buckets of water and fresh oil in the headlands while planting. We had to keep the cooling system full of water and and oil in the block. the we got the crop in and later fixed the block. Poor folks have poor ways..

I have a 89 ford diesel with a crack in the block and I just drain it when I shut it down. I do not use it much, it only get water in the oil after you shut it down hot, but while it running water does not get in the crack case.

Nutsabout combines is right anybody that is going to rip up a good 715 for a 560 tractor engine needs his head looked at...

30 years from now you will not find any old 715's but there will be lots of old tractors...

This love of tractors for tractors sake is crazy.

We need to love ALL OLD Machines and keep them running.

Fix the block, stop leak, KM block sealer, Liquid glass, weld it, JD weld... Use your brain man.. but wrecking a combine is crazy, that combine new cost more than that tractor did...

JD 5020 guy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: RIP 715 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think the 503s used the same gas engine. Might want to find one of those. Me and friend of mine parted out a 503 and he plans on putting the engine into a 560.

Super A
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: RIP 715 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom, I hate to see old machinery like this lost as bad as anybody, but if the tractor was your dad's, it would certainly take higer priority than the combine! You might want to check into having the block fixed, so that the tractor could keep its original, but if you feel that having the combine donate its engine so the tractor may live is the best choice for you, by all means go for it and don't worry what others think. It's not like 715's are all that rare anyway and you might be able to part out the rest of the combine so that other 715s can contine to run.

Al

Anonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: RIP 715 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom,to go back with the original size 560 engine you will need the engine from a 151-181-403 IH combine.

Hate to see you part out the 715.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters