Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Roof top camper

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charles in Aus.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:45 am    Post subject: Roof top camper Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A new innovation , much easier to park and a breeze to reverse .

caterpillar guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: Roof top camper Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I guess that is the compact model. A bit hard on suspension but real easy to maneuver.

Keith True
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: Roof top camper Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was that a wreck? I first thought it was set up there in a junkyard or something.then I saw the broken hitch,the tongue bent down,the trunk bashed down,and the bumper bent up.I still can't imagine the circumstances that would lead to it ending up like that.

Russ from MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Roof top camper Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Done to stay away from snakes?

RESLLS
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Roof top camper Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ever seen the race where you pull a camper?
Might have been practicing and got a little
too heavy footed in a turn.

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Roof top camper Reply to specific post Reply with quote

SAAB roof structure passes testing in a solid display of rigidity. Jim

John Deere D
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Roof top camper Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great for when the In-laws visit...............

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Roof top camper Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I thought so too, somebody sat it up there.

But looking at the damage on the back and trunk, looks like maybe a hard jack knife, somehow ended up balanced on top!

Like to have seen that!

Keith True
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Roof top camper Reply to specific post Reply with quote

And,what's the tank laying next to it?Fresh or gray water tank? Sewer holding tank? Fuel tank? Or,maybe just a tank sitting that has no relation to the car and camper.That is what made me think junkyard,just extra stuff laying around.I do think it was an accident though,a freak jack knife situation.

Duner Wi
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Roof top camper Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So you might remember Erik Carlsson pa taket ( on the roof) rally driver from way back.

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Roof top camper Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I do. I have owned 3 SAABs one 1960 93, a 1968 96 Monte Carlo with 3 solex carbs on the 2 stroke 3 cyl. and a 99. All interesting solid cars. Jim

Charles in Aus.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Roof top camper Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is indeed the result of an accident somewhere on the Prince's Highway in Southern New South Wales , Australia. It is the freshwater holding tank that has become dislodged and sits next to the Saab .
I've no idea how it happened either , though Saabs are front wheel drive and aren't too good at towing , at least that is what I found when I owned a 99E .

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Roof top camper Reply to specific post Reply with quote

John Deere D,

You mean great like: put it in neutral, point it downhill... and disengage the parking brake? LOL

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Roof top camper Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like the holding tank out of the camper.

dieseldaawg
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Roof top camper Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I too, had figured it was a accident from the hitch. But, no one mentioned it had to be a Australian trailer as there is not a door on the right hand side of the trailer like we would have here in the USA.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters