Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

General Purpose Spray Gun

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott1ky
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: General Purpose Spray Gun Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In reading the manual on my general purpose spray gun, it mentions the issue of condensation potentially causing fisheye problems in your paint, and recommends installing appropriate oil or water remover equipment. Could anyone offer some more details on this subject?

Thanks,
Scott

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: General Purpose Spray Gun Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep you need a filter or 2 on them and a water trap or yes it can/will cause you problems. I have both on my compressor but only use it on my paint gun I also have another air line for the other stuff and I also use one line for the paint gun and thats all that hose is ever used for so as to keep it clean, dry and oil free
Hobby farm

D Squared
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: General Purpose Spray Gun Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought a small one and screwed it directly to my gun. It's been a while but I think I got it from Harbor Freight.

hvw

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: General Purpose Spray Gun Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those little filters do a good job but only for a short while. If you're painting something big it'll drive you crazy changing them. They're only designed to catch last minute stuff. And not much of that. Plus it gets expensive.

You're going to have to eliminate most of the water at its source and that's back up the line towards the compressor. If your budget won't stand a refigerated air dryer you need to run long lengths of pipe and and a couple of good water traps between the compressor and your rubber air line. Harbor Freight sells a good water separator for about $30.00. It needs to be placed about 25 feet from the compressor though to be effective.

The more pipe the better but 30 feet at a bare minimum according to the paint and body boys. I was able to run the equivalent of 300 feet of copper pipe because of a big AC heat exchanger I lucked onto. With that, the HF separator and a couple of home made jobs my low budget deal works perfect.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: General Purpose Spray Gun Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My regulator also has a water trap on it.. I use that.. plus the little 2$ disposables that screw right to the gun.. I toss em after each paint job.

Soundguy

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters