Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

running boards?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hndymann22
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: running boards? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

can u tell me what is a good price for a set of running boards for my 2N tractor worth? I have found a set for it, and I think it is a good deal on them. The guy wants 10 bucks for the pair of them if I take them off....Sound good to u guys? I am still a noob to these tractors, and what the old parts should cost...But I am learning fast driveing the dirt roads around here and looking for parts sitting behind these old barns...Been lucky this last couple of weeks finding items I need. So far this week I have got a gas tank, 2 doglegs, footpeg, alt. brackets, fuel sediment bole setup, and 2 running boards for less than a 100 bucks..

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: running boards? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Shoot that sounds dirt cheap for them. I have seen them sell as high as $50 each
Hobby farm

Poot
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: running boards? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

you don't need any advice from US! You seem to be doin' just fine on yer own! Ya done good! REAL GOOD!

Dan
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: running boards? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just removed a set of Ferguson running boards off my 1939 9N. They are formed for the Ferguson tractors, but fit the 9N/2Ns perfectly because they are basically the same design. Mine has a heat shield underneath the right side to help protect against heat from the muffler. I do not think I am going to put them back on as I want to keep the tractor fairly original and I will search for a Ford head shield that goes around the muffler. I was planning on selling my set for around $75 based on what I have seen off eBay.

I would say you found quite a deal.

Dan

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: running boards? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

10 izz way to much, I bet you could make'em yerseft fer $40 and save the labor of take'n'em off.

Dunk
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: running boards? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"But I am learning fast driveing the dirt roads around here and looking for parts sitting behind these old barns"

I am curious as to what you have spent on gasoline so far?

hndymann22
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: running boards? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It didnt cost me any extra in gas. It is evertime I have to go to my dads place, I take a different dirt road to get there. It takes me longer to get there but miliage wise I bet I havent went out of my way maybe ten miles all together. As far as taking them off, it took a whole 15 min. from the time I started on them, till I had them off. Sure I spent extra time driving slow and looking, but I am retired got to do something..lol..

Dunk
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: running boards? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What part of the country are you in??

I used to love dirt roads fore the idiots in charge sucked all my money N taxes and paved em all...

hndymann22
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: running boards? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I live in south central oklahoma. My day live out in eastern oklahoma, so that is why I get a chance to run the roads on the way to his house. Only started doing it since I bought this old tractor, and it kind of got into my blood. I need to invest in a trailor, so I can start trying to buy the whole thing instead of just trying to find what I need.. I would have to hide them on the back of the property if I did to keep them out of site of my wife. lol.....

Dunk
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: running boards? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is a lot to be said for being "in charge"!!

Especially in charge of keeping what is yer business, yer business, while at the same time keeping the Ole Lady happy..

I have 4 X wives, been married 5 times, and been divorced 6 times. Been with my current (not married) Ole Lady fer 15 years.

I don't deal with married.

Well at least not very well.

john h

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: running boards? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

if you have ten dollar i would get the wrench out and take them off right then and there .... good price if you can get any thing for less then ten dollar you get a deal and if you went buy new metal you lookin at 20 dollar or more... do the math there always ebay .. people are alway looking for that stuff

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: running boards? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You need to look fer one of these 225K on the clock, i paid $200 fer it wif a bad engine. Got a replacement from a Jap engine supplier fer 295.00, a set of tires and drove the heck out of it fer close to 4 years. just filled it up, 180 miles out on the interstate, rest around town total 377 miles on 11 gal.(34.27) My best to date 411 all road miles on 10.5 gal (39.14). Worst MPG my son drove it one winter in Greensboro NC on their winter blend and got all in town drive'n 26 to 27 MPG. It will average 31 to 32 knocking around all short trips, it ain't fer sale. If only it could pull a trailer.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters