Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

y'all wouldnt believe what was in this guys old barn

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericlb

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: y'all wouldnt believe what was in this guys old barn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

me and a neighbor went 2 trackin today, we came up on a old wood low roof barn complete with the property owner standing there, my neighbor knew the guy and we got talkin old tractors, old man said i got a old ford tractor of some kind in that old barn i put it in there years ago when the motor startin goin tap tap tap. we decided this was too good to pass up and went and dug around in the old machine parts in there, and found it, it wernt a ford, it was a fergy, and ecxept for a old 12 v conversion, and a broken glass jar on the pre cleaner it looks totaly original, tires are about 60 to 70 % paint is factory except for a very old rattle can job in blue on the wheels, i asked if it was for sale, he said he hadnt thought about it and he would probably have to have $350.oo for it if we wanted it, i told my neighbor ' even if the engine is junk we can tripple our money on the parts here' my neighbor said he was good for half of it, so i said i got the other half in my pocket, so now its ours, i looked over to the left here in the seriel numbers, and what we have is a 1953 ferguson to 30, and i got a whole 175.00 in it you guys dont think we got took for it do ya ha ha, havent tried to fire it up yet but soon,

Lance in Brenham, TX

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: y'all wouldnt believe what was in this guys old barn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good for you. Time to wake up this sleepy old Fergy!

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: y'all wouldnt believe what was in this guys old barn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Either you are yer buddy got a deal, one izz gonna do all the werk an git haft the money what a deal fer one of ya. I learned along time ago position izz 9/10"s of the law, the other 1/10 you spend more than its worth fight"n over yer haft, I hope its at your house.

ericlb

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: y'all wouldnt believe what was in this guys old barn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hi hobo, yep its in my tractor shed , but its hiding from his wife, who is "tractor hostile" she thinks his 6 are enough and doesnt think he needs another,

arthur ward
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: y'all wouldnt believe what was in this guys old barn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i think you guys should give him a better price than that. i say that if he isn't in his right mind now. i couldn't sleep at night knowing i ripped off an elderly person.

Indiana Jones
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: y'all wouldnt believe what was in this guys old barn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's all fun and games until you get it to fire up and you hear this...

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

BTDT

Mark

BTW, Here's a pic of my TO 30 Fergy (and it don't go tap tap or knock knock).

ericlb

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: y'all wouldnt believe what was in this guys old barn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

nice tractor indiana, as to the elderly guys mind, he is defenatly all there, and sharp as a whip, he simply doesnt need or want the tractor, and he has 2 more newer good ones to work with, its nice for him to make the thing cheap enough to where we can put some money in it and refurbish it so it can do somebody some good instead of just rusting away in a barn untill theres no hope for it

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: y'all wouldnt believe what was in this guys old barn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Even @ $350 it could B a pig in a poke. Folks seam to fergit labor izz involved in dissembling a tractor to part out, some times all you git fer a part izz good labor to remove it. Fer instance a few days ago someone needed a lift cover fer a 2N, I have one off and one on a tractor. I typed out what i had and the price. After I thought about it I did not send the message. the cover I have off I would spend 1 hour if I'm lucky and don't break it for a $50 part(not bad labor free part fer someone). The one on the tractor 2 hours for $50 if I am lucky (really make'n money now) . Then would have to put up with the cost of ship'n. Enny money made just may have to B werked for. I could sleep well that I paid the price that wuz asked. i could see the point if he haggled over the price from a person in need. It happens a lot to me, the price asked izz 'bout what it may bring in good condition but its not so i have to figger what it will take to git to were it will bring that price, my labor the cost of the parts and make it worth my effort that izz if all goes as planed. Its not uncommon to spend $1500 on a $1500 dollar tractor that will only fetch $2500.
Its not uncommon to see a $350 tractor set'n on a lot that they got run'n wif a cheap tune up and ask'n $3500 for what looks to me to B a $500 tractor at best. Worst part sum fool will buy it and spend $1500 on it and still have a pile of junk. So should the person who sold it refund the end user $350 so he could sleep at nite.

Enuff said, sumone got a deal good fer them

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters