Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Little Genius Rim

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim Plude
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Little Genius Rim Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I inherited a Little Genius 2 bottom plow on rubber from a relative. It has been sitting in the woods for at least 20 years and one of the rims is rusted through. I would like to know if anyone knows where I could starting looking for a replacement. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

LenND
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Little Genius Rim Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If that has a car style wheel any implement one the same size and hole arrangement will work. If it is the older spoke type you may need to find a salvage yard.

Dave S.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Little Genius Rim Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Call Stauffer Salvage south of Holton, Kansas he has several little genius plows, might have one. Phone #785-966-2739.

msb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Little Genius Rim Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is a guy who remanufactures spoked rims. He advertizes in "Antique Power Magazine" all the time.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: Little Genius Rim Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That wheel is unique to early McCormick rubbertired implements as it has a completely different size center hole and bolt pattern than any standard implement wheel and no car wheel ever made used that bolt pattern. I know it was made in both a 15" & 16" size and was not only used on the plows but the MF series grain drills and the 1PR corn picker. What other implements used it I do not know. The wheel disks used a standard implement wheel. Your best bet if the disc in the wheel is still good but the rim is just gone is to go to a car junkyard and find a spare wheel off a I know some years Chevy S10 trucks used them that is a 16" wheel with a temperary use tire on it and have a welding shop cut out the center disc of that truck spare and weld the rim on to the center disc of that plow wheel. I have done that many a time repairing wheels that way. That rim would be the same width as the orignal.

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Little Genius Rim Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have some old david bradley wagons, the rims off them fit my little genius plow. they have a very large center hole in them that fits the plow hub.

Tim Plude
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Little Genius Rim Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for the help, but I actually found what I was looking for at my grandfather"s place.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters