Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

worked on the ford today, well almost

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maplehillfrm

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: worked on the ford today, well almost Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I went to mow the lawn yesterday, I got done with the front, the side and almost all the back and the front belt that runs the pto driven driveshaft for the deck on my newholland GT95 lawn tractor started smoking,, darn,, I had a spare, it was close in size, so I changed them,,, went bak to mowing and looked behind me and it was leaving a strip in the middle, looked underneath and sure enough the deck belt wasnt turning the outside blades {48" cut --3 blades} fine,,, tear it apart the belt was disinegrated,,, 2nd one this season,,
[thanks I think to the land of "close enough"}

so this morning went to new holland dealer, bought a new deck belt, 2 new pto belts, 3 new blades {the old ones were shot},,a 3point ball for the TN55,and an oil filter for the N,, grand total 175.00,, I hope the belts are twice as good as they were twice as much as the ones from napa,, and TSC,,,,

I got them almost together today,, only have to put the deck back on the lawn mower and try it out,,,, I also had to order the seat pads for the TN-- 190 bucks and they had to be ordered,,the seats sure dont last long anymore,,, oh well, I am going to put the N back in the woods in a few days and start getting firewood out,,, just a rant I suppose. pat

maplehillfrm,pat

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: worked on the ford today, well almost Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got a kick out of this "city fella" who was in there,, He was talking to the service manager,, he wanted them to pick up his 600, and go through it,, the manager asked what is wrong with it,"I want you to go through it and fix stuff like"---- .. well the hydraulics dont work so good , it may need a clutch, it smokes a little, so you may have to do a motor rebuild, you know just get it running good,, I dont use it like 12 hours a day but I want it to work for me,, while you have the wheels off maybe you can change the rear tires because one is rotted out and the other has a really lot of rust on the rim,,, you know do what ever it needs to get it back in great shape,,

you could see the service guy like Ok here is a good job , we can make some money here,,

HERE is the next words out of the tractor owners mouth,, I was thinking we could do this for around 2 grand????? what do you think???? I looked at the parts guys face he was trying hard not to laugh,, I said have a great day and had to go,, I almost made it to the door before I cracked up,,,,

all the service he wanted, plus parts and 75 dollars an hour,,, how much were they getting done???? "BUT I GOT A GREAT DEAL ON THIS ANTIQUE TRACTOR"

I think the guy is in for a rude awakenig when they look at it and get an estimate,, am I wrong??pat

dlplost
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: worked on the ford today, well almost Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wait till He finds out that the "600" he bought is really a "9n" with a paint job...

maplehillfrm

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: worked on the ford today, well almost Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thats about was I was thinking too ,

GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: worked on the ford today, well almost Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good grief!!! With every thing he wanted done, plus the labor cost, they are going to charge him a mint of $$$$s. He will have to go to the MINT to get them paid off. Laughing
You missed out on a second job there, Pat!!! Rollin' in the doe. Wink

Gary Rolling Eyes

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters