Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Hayliner 68

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rfisherj

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Hayliner 68 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Found a hayliner 68 , but the couple that owns it said last year with 10 feet to go the baler stop working as the chain had broke and caused the arm in back to break up top from a 8" pulley.
Any how can I fix the arm ) replacment or have it welded. The chain isn"t a issue I can buy that. Thanks Ralph in NW IL

55 50
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Hayliner 68 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 68. There is no "pulley", it"s all chain driven, has to be to keep everything in time, as belts would slip! There is more than one chain, which one broke? The only "arm in back" is one of the needles. Is that what they are talking about? Did you see the machine up close or just going by their word?

Rexalot
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Hayliner 68 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just about any part you might need should be available from the NH dealer including needles, (although might be $$$). You could have the needle repaired, but I don't know how well they hold up after being broken once, and it would have to be a near perfect repair job as the needle has adjustments that put it into alignment with the knotter.

Good old baler... I have one now and had a Super 67 prior. Easy to setup/time. I recommend the manual, but if you need help post up.

rfisherj
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Hayliner 68 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When standing at the back of the machine in the center there is a round wheel with a arm coming up from the bottom right. It is broke where the bar attaches to the bracket that attaches to the wheel.
The short chain is what broke that keeps the baler timed.

This would be my first baler. Sorry if I don't know what the parts are call yet.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters