Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

OT - TOH finally gets it up

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vern-MI

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: OT - TOH finally gets it up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How thick is the concrete floor and what kind of bolts did you use to lag it down?

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: OT - TOH finally gets it up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The floor is a "nominal" 4 inches thick (4000 PSI) with wire mesh reinforcement but typically runs an inch or more over that. Since the lift was part of the original shop design I turned the slab down an additional 4" in the lift area (16'L x 4'W). That area also has 3 runs of #5 rebar embedded in it in addition to the wire mesh.

The actual lift specifications call out a minimum of 4" of 3000 PSI with steel or fiberglass mesh reinforcement.

The lift came with pre-engineered anchor bolts. Each 13.5x18 baseplate is secured with five 3/4" x 6" anchor bolts hand tightened to 130 lb-ft.

That pickup weighs roughly 3800 empty and aside from rotational movement in the lift arms (they are a sliding fit inside the columns) its steady as a rock. No discernible sway or flex in the columns when rocking the truck from the rear bumper.

TOH

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: OT - TOH finally gets it up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The anchor bolts were very similar to these:

Wedge Anchors

TOH

Ross Pugh(NC)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - TOH finally gets it up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just paid $22.00 each to get the oil changed in each of my vehicles. At that price I won't live long enuf to justify me buying anything like that. If you using it fer a living, it is ok, but not for just convenience of doing yer own oil changes, from my point of view.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - TOH finally gets it up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

After the fist install the next will B only a few hours at the most. 160 on the torque sounds high, mine are 60. Keep a check on the bolts they will need re torqued every now and again.

Humm I thought a asymmetric ment the lift columns were turned in and it had short arms on the front long on the back. It really don't matter for a home shop but when its you job the one with the turned in columns sure save time and labor. When I first looked at the pix I said to my self he installed the lift control on the wrong side then seen when its on the right it mite save a few steps. Every thing i own I have made gizmos to lift them with on my lifts, never tried a tractor tho. When working under a hood on a small car I raise it so the fenders will fit my belly, when work'n on trucks i raise it remove the front tires lower and set the lower control arms on blocks so the fenders will fit my belly, Sure saves the back. Keep a look out for some work tables to use while under the lift. I will search for a pix when i git back a little later on.

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - TOH finally gets it up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I didn't buy it just for changing oil Laughing I do just about all of the maintainence on my 3 vehicles plus the ocassional job for my three kids. I'm tired of laying on my back with no room to work and grease and grime raining in my face. A cutting torch or angle grinder spewing forth 18" from your nose is just no fun!! At $1300 it will pay for itself in a matter of a couple years as far as I'm concerned. Last shop job I paid for because I didn't want the aggravation of doing it on my back (transmission R&R) wound up being $1000 labor.

TOH

motorv8N
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - TOH finally gets it up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jes beautiful, both the lift and shop. I figure your shop has a larger footprint that my entire lot and house...City livin sucks.... Sad

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - TOH finally gets it up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is asymmetric - front arms are short and bent inwards - rear are longer and straight. Debated which side to hang the power unit - chose the offside simply to give me more clearance on the side wall. When I get a chance I'll move those cabinets along the back wall to the sidewall and put the tool cabinets along the backwall.

TOH

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - TOH finally gets it up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its a man thang, wink wink

If you say that around my wif I will haveta take ya out rite at the knees. If that don't shut ya up I will go a kick'n.

Shore nuff looks like a necessity to me.

I look at it this way, if i did not have the necessities in the shop I would hang out in the house, then I would B tell'n her what to do, that would B a fight my friend well worth 22 bucks to see.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters