Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

9N Oil Pressure Problem solved with a Search

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aaron Ford
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: 9N Oil Pressure Problem solved with a Search Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My friend went out to start his 9N the other day and the oil pressure never came up. He shut it down and started troubleshooting, but good gauge, clear lines, no pressure. We were to pull the tractor down today, but after a search of YTmag, we decided to try to reprime the pump by pouring a cup of oil in the hole made by removing the 15/16 bolt from beside the waterpump. It worked perfectly. Oil pressure came right up. This trick saved us several hours of labor and many hours of aggravation. I wanted to thank all that post here, as your knowledge dispensed today can be read again and again over the years helping far more than the original poster. Keep it up and if you find something that could help someone, please post. It is invaluable.

Thanks again,

Aaron

Dave H
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: 9N Oil Pressure Problem solved with a Search Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Aaron

Glad ot hear of your good fortune.

In my humble opinion, that is a sign of things to come, so loking way down the road I would have a plan in mind if that ugley alligator keeps rearing its head out of the swanp.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: 9N Oil Pressure Problem solved with a Search Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Keep a close eye on that problem. I have an 8N in my shop right now that would have no oil pressure unless primed and then it was fine till the next time I wanted to start it and I had to prime it again. I found a problem with the oil pump and had to fix it to make it so it would have prime at all times
Hobby farm

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters