Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

spring loaded ag hitch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WHISKEY BENT

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: spring loaded ag hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

just got a 92 f-250 to do some hauling, it has a spring loaded ag hitch. never used one anybody have any thoughts? its built very heavy duty, just feels funny when its sliding. pulling a 24ft deck over with 3 axles. thanks!

Braunvieh Farms
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: spring loaded ag hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those hitches are designed to pull a wagon or a tailer that has a steerable tougne such as a anhydrous tank, grain wagon, or a hay rake type of running gear. The ones that I have experience with were not designed to pull a trailer such as the one you listed. I believe there will be to much weight on the hitch. Your best bet would be to take the ag hitch off and out a real reciever hitch on or go to a goose neck hitch.

Aaron

Cliff Neubauer

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: spring loaded ag hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We've got three DMI spring loaded hitches here on the farm and I can't remember ever feeling any of the slide when pulling a bumper hitch trailer. They will have some give with farm implements where there is little or not hitch weight but it seems odd to me that it would do it with your trailer. The drawbar style DMI hitches are rated for 2,000lbs tongue weight and as much as your truck can pull for the overall trailer weight so they will generally hold up better than a reciever hitch.

Jerry Eime
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: spring loaded ag hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought a 2000 Chevy 3500 HD flat bed that came with that hitch. I bought the truck for pulling a 16 ft trailer for Lawn Care and pull my John Deere 1010 and Allis Chalmers WD and ford 8n around. The hitch workd very well to keep the truck from jerking at all when you suddenly stop or take off. The only thing I don"t like about it is it is noise when the trailer doesn"t have alot of weight on it. I think I just need to tighten the springs on it. The hitch is very well strong enough to handle alot of weight. But this is the first I have ever used one or seen one. I like it. If anyone has any other comments on this hitch that would be great because this is the first I have seem this on this dicussing bord. Thanks

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters