Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

OT - air bed company

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gobind

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: OT - air bed company Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Been looking at getting a new mattress and trying to decide between air and visco-elastic foam. Select Comfort seems to be the big company for air beds but their ratings for customer service are not great. Habitat Furnishings / Habitat Futons out of Metarie, Louisianna seems to have good ratings and a good product but I haven't been able to find any mention of them outside of shopping.com and epinions.

Also looked at Sealy Trueform as an alternative. Concerned about the foam breaking down. Also concerned about my lower back problems being aggravated if it is not supportive enough. Would anyone like to share their experience with either of these?

Thanks

jack12345
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - air bed company Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check out Costco they market foam beds,we purchased from them about 12-15 months ago and are happy with price and product.

dave2

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - air bed company Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A good solid (nowave) waterbed wouldn't do it for you? I got stuck a little while agoand spent the night in a hotel with one. Was kinda sorry to gt my car going again the next day.

Dave

woodbutcher
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - air bed company Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought a Select Comfort model 3000 about a month ago. I think the 30-day free trial just ended, but we plan to keep it. It came with a pump with wired non-digital remote buttons(you can't tell what your pressure setting is) so I looked on eBay and bought a pump for a model 5000 that has a wireless remote. I like a firm mattress, but I tried it on the max and decided to lower it. 55 seems about right to me. It seems to have solved my back pain problem.
Butch

Bud in FLA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - air bed company Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We went with the Select Comfort about 3 years ago - I have several bad discs in my lower back,degeneritive discs in my neck and I'm on my second set of hip replacements. SWMBO had a knee replacement several years back - as well as a bad back.
When we go anywhere and have to sleep in another bed, we're both almost basket cases when we wake up! Select Comfort isn't cheap but for us it was well worth it!

Gary from Muleshoe
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - air bed company Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have a Select Comfort and really do like it, as far as customer service we have never had a problem. One of our pumps went out and we had a replacement in two days. If you want to try one out You could stay the night in a Radison Hotel, that is if you really want to pay them the high dollar to sleep one night.

Spook
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - air bed company Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We bought a sleep number bed a couple months back, great buy. Very happy with it.

bellyacre

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - air bed company Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We've had select comfort for ten-twelve years. Replaced one air bag about a year ago, no problem. Don't care to leave home any more, not comfortable on any thing else.

Bob85355
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - air bed company Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I"ve had a queen size Select Comfort for almost 20 years. I"ve replaced one of the air mattresses, it has 2, and one of the air pumps. The cost of the replacements were prorated on the remaining warranty. Both were on my side of the bed. I have a bad back and I adjust the inflation to the point that I"m comfortable. Sometimes its more firm, sometimes its more soft. And thats the good part about Select Comfort. No other mattress that I know of will do that for you.

Would I buy another one. Oh yeah!

Sam#3
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: OT - air bed company Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like my Select Comfort. The reason I bought it was I knew it was adjustable and I have found that can be very important. I have the low end of everything including the manual pump and wouldn't go back to a solid bed. No troubles in the four years I've had it.

T_Bone
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: OT - air bed company Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi GB,

We just went thru this last year as I was hurting bad after sleeping. For the past 40yrs it's been a full floatation Cal King waterbed.

Our son & DIL has a $1200 auto air matteras. I tired it but weather if was flat or stung to play a tune, I couldn't get comfortable.

Next I bought $800 worth of foam, soft, medium and firm, 12" thick. We played with that for over two weeks before canning that idea. There was not a happy comfort zone that we could find.

Next I bought two full floatation matteras so we could adjust the water firmness to each of our liking. Well that was a big improvement but it's still lacking that ultimate sleep feeling.

Next I let out some water to 5" level, added two 3" goose down matteras pads, added one goose down comforter, added two flannel sleeping bags (open flat), then flannel sheets, then a goose down blanket.

Wow, Huston we have a bed!

Were in it for about $600 after all said and done but we already had the frame. I'm putting the same bed in our 5th wheel and the frame wood cost was about $250.

T_Bone

Jay (ND)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: OT - air bed company Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm a 35. Love my select comfort. First bed I could sleep well in.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: OT - air bed company Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So far I have given up on beds. I just fall asleep in the lazy-boy anyhow so I just stay there.

ZacsDad
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: OT - air bed company Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had a conventional mattress for years. Got to the point that my back bothered me every morning. Kept turning the mattress as instructed but didn't really help much. Got up one morning, stood up, and went right down to my knees with the pain. Bought the middle model of the Select Comfort bed. Have had it for 3 yrs. Haven't had ANY back problems since I started sleeping on it. We've tried bag water beds, tube water beds, chamber water beds, Sealy, and Serta conventionals. Had back problems for the 20 years it took to get through all of them. Haven't had any since the sleep number bed....I'm a #45.

gobind

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: OT - air bed company Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A few years ago we had a waveless waterbed that I liked but my wife did not. We've spent the last 10 years on a conventional pillowtop mattress that was great for awhile but in the last year has started to sag uncomfortably, many nights forcing my wife to move to the recliner to get some sleep and I'd awake feeling like I'd been beat up. So the search for a new mattress.

It's good to hear some positive feedback on select comfort to balance the negatives I saw elsewhere. I'm kinda leaning toward an air mattress for the ability to adjust firmness. You can get a memory foam topper for them so the feel should be about the same as an all foam mattress. And you can replace the topper without having to replace the whole mattress.

Too bad no one has any experience with the Habitat air bed. It appears to be a slightly better product at a slightly lower cost than select number. Maybe I'll just call them and let them make their case.

Thanks! I really appreciate all your input.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters