Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

4 wheel atv

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amertrac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: 4 wheel atv Reply to specific post Reply with quote

anyone have information on the 4 wheel drive atv advertised in harbor freight. what engine, any good, etc . it is selling for 4 grand
x shipping thank you in advance bob

landlord7012
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 wheel atv Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No info just advice in question form - who will repair it and where will the parts come from when it breaks? (and it WILL break!) Dealers around here will laugh at anyone who pulls in with some of the off-brand junk sold out there.

Good luck,
landlord7012

J.C.in AZ.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 wheel atv Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I own a '01 Polaris HO 500-A '01 Polaris 250 trail blazer and an '07 Arctic Cat 500. have no problems with any of them.Nough said,buy well known brands,enjoy them for a long time.Neighbor bought two of those small 2 wheel drive ATV's Pep Boys sell, the second day of his Kid's man handling them they were back on the Trailer headed for Pep boys.Right now I do not see any ATV's around their place.Most of my friends have Polaris and I got my Arctic Cat to be different and I really like it.Very good for Trails in the Desert and Mountains.The Ho 500 and 250 trailblazer are reserved for Visitors when they come.

rockyhawaii
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 wheel atv Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd advise you to stay away from any Chinese ATV. NO parts support or any dealer support for that matter. Guys buy them by the container-load, sell them off cheap and disappear.

dave guest
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 wheel atv Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Too much dough for no-name stuff. Buy a used Yamaha, Honda or Suzuki.

CJ3b_jeep
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: 4 wheel atv Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The chinese bike use very cheap steel and the cheapest parts they can find. I'd be surprised if it lasted 2 months. Buy a nice used honda rancher. It'll run forever.

dr sportster

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: 4 wheel atv Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wrote a three paragraph thing about parts service dealership etc then my screen went blank.so instead of rewriting it Ill sum it up;DONT DO IT.Put four grand toward a name brand.That thing will break on a daily basis.

chuckinnc
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: 4 wheel atv Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I buy alot of stuff from Harbor freight, even bought a Chinese made dozer from Northern tool in 2002, all have been great however i bought one of those 4 wheelers too. Big mistake, too many problems to list, spend the same money on a good used Jap
4 wheeler and youll be much better off. There are
alot of good cheap Chinese stuff made but 4 wheelers arent one of them.

ArleninOr
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: 4 wheel atv Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For not much more you can buy a name brand atv. Had one of those made in china broke brake drum could not get parts even though I was told parts were available when I bought it. Now own 2 Hondas and a Kawaski.

amertrac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 wheel atv Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thank you all i quess it answers my question .
i will not be buying one of them bob

Scott.ID
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 wheel atv Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just picked up a new Honda Foreman to go with my '02 Rancher.

Spendy @ 6 grand, but Honda's 2.9% with a grand down ended up at 125 bucks/month for 48.

Tell your wife it's machinery, and you can use it as collateral if needed. My Ranchers 6 years old and probably costs me a hundred bucks a year in maintenance.

Scott

skyharborcowboy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: 4 wheel atv Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why in the world would you EVEN consider buying one of those CHINESE PRISONER made pieces of crap when there are American made brands made right here in America for just a bit more?

Joe

skyharborcowboy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: 4 wheel atv Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It absolutely sickens me to see anyone buy anything from a communist country that is clearly such an any to our freedom when they have alternative choices. Buy from anyone but from our sworn enemies! I truly expect better especially from a site such as this that celebrates our heritage. Do I have some things from China at my home? Unfortunately, the answer is yes when I couldnt find an alternative in the time allotted but I did give it the best I had to find an alternative. I hate to have to be on a high horse here but my fathers country was over run by Commies and got to spend two years in its prisons after being abandoned on the beach at the Bay of Pigs by President Kennedy so I a quite passionate about hating the Commies and the weak kneed Lefties in our country!

Joe

skyharborcowboy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: 4 wheel atv Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It absolutely sickens me to see anyone buy anything from a communist country that is clearly such an enemy to our freedom when they have alternative choices. Buy from anyone but from our sworn enemies! I truly expect better especially from a site such as this that celebrates our heritage. Do I have some things from China at my home? Unfortunately, the answer is yes when I couldnt find an alternative in the time allotted but I did give it the best I had to find an alternative. I hate to have to be on a high horse here but my fathers country was over run by Commies and got to spend two years in its prisons after being abandoned on the beach at the Bay of Pigs by President Kennedy so I a quite passionate about hating the Commies and the weak kneed Lefties in our country!

Joe

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters