Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Auto rims on A.C.??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hossman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Auto rims on A.C.?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Fellas, On a wd45 i recently bought the front rims are an auto/truck rim and was wonderin what rims these are as one of em is bent and will need replaced. I measured the hole centers on the wheel studs an they are 3 inch like a chevy, BUT the center hole is larger than my chevy rims i measured which have only 3 inch center hole. I think the rims on the front of tractor were maybe 3 1/4 inch center hole. figured someone out there would know as I have seen alot of the auto rims on the front of these ol gals before. Thanks for any help. Hoss

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto rims on A.C.?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Might be a rim from a 4X4 truck as they would have the bigger center. Or it could be some from a trailer which again have the bigger centers
Hobby farm

r aiken
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: Auto rims on A.C.?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have early 50's Buick 15" wheels on some of my tractors. They are a perfect fit for my D17, WD, Case SC, MH 101, it may be easyer to get the right wheels than Buicks.

TexasAllis
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Auto rims on A.C.?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The rims I have on my D-17 are early Dodge PU 5 bolt. Very few cars had rims with the large center hole.

Hossman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Auto rims on A.C.?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions fellas. Hoss

LenND
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto rims on A.C.?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We had 16" wheels from a 46 Nash car on our 46 WC AC.

Joe(TX)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Auto rims on A.C.?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The B and C tractor would have hubs with 4 1/2 5 hole bolt circle. That would be Ford and Dodge small pattern. Early Fords had a small center hole. later had the larger like Dodge. Chevy used a 4 3/4 bolt circle. Buick wer 5 in bolt circle.

D13
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Auto rims on A.C.?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Late model Ford apace saver spares - Crown Vic, Ranger. Mine had Ranger aluminum wheels for a while - look weird without the center caps.

roundman
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto rims on A.C.?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We had a 53 Buick and the rims would fit on our WD45 and D-17

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters