Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

The D in Case DC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: The D in Case DC Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My what I call CD eagle hitch with de combine motor 35 radiator hood and gas tank made shorter for battery placment . Loaded on trailer 2 weeks ago to bushhog at farm. After loading starter would not turm engine but spun Thought spring had broke No , nose of starter broke off and armarture shaft also snapper. Always started easy even with crank didn't kick back when cold, never started with crank when hot, till while mowing with broken starter. Then noticed it wanted to kick back and roll back when fired. OK it's timed way to fast. Just locate the D on flywheel and time mag properly, install starter from my stock of junk ( I mean replacment parts) Did you ever try to locate the D through that little hole by yourself using the crank. Took a piece of 3/4 by 1/8 flat stock about 5 inches long drilled 3/8 hole on one end cut other end at angel to give a point, bolted on front cover. now found the D on fly wheel then notched crank pulley. Now WHY didn't case build them this way.

Wilson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: The D in Case DC Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Scott KY
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: The D in Case DC Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've been through that same situation. My solution was to set a mirror beside the hole on the flywheel cover. Hard to see but it did work. Two people makes that job easier.

Paul f
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: The D in Case DC Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They must have had the factory weakling swing a tack hammer to punch the markings on the flywheel.

I use a 3/4 drive socket 1-13/16 to turn the belt pulley. I can do that as i stare into the timing hole trying to see the scratch mark the put on tthe flywheel

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters