Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Help identifying a Case

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Rasmussen
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Help identifying a Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm wondering if anyone on this forum can help identify a Case tractor. Photo is posted on the "help identify" gallery. It was my dad's "baby" and he left it to my son when he died. We're trying to get whatever information we can since we don't seem to have any paperwork or manuals for it. I remember riding on it with him when I was a kid in the 1950's but I think it's quite a bit older than that. (I haven't been able to get to where the tractor is stored to check for a manufacturer plate, but I'd be surprised if it's still there). Thanks for any help.

Patsdeere
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying a Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like it might be a Case L. Check the tool box for a serial number plate.

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: Help identifying a Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's your pic. Hal

J.D.H.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: Help identifying a Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Still think its a C like Toot said. Look for serial number on tool box or left side of engine block towards the back. Should be stamped there. Most of the early L's had bigger fenders and were angled on the front.

Tom Railsback

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: Help identifying a Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Definitely a C; the rear wheels are a dead give away.

Dave Olson
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying a Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello Dave,

Here is a picture of my 1930 C Case. It is on rubber but was originally on steel just like yours.

Dave Olson East-Central Illinois

caseman-d
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying a Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My guess is a Case C as I don't see the inspection plates on the side of the block and it looks like I can see inspection plate on the oil pan thru the spokes of the front wheel.
caseman-d

Dave Rasmussen
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying a Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow - that's a real beauty. Nicely done - we've got a ways to go to get it in that good of shape. Thanks for sharing the photo.

Dave Rasmussen
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying a Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for the comments and information. We really appreciate the help!

Dave Olson
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Help identifying a Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

I've had a lot of fun taking the little tractor to shows in my area for the last few years.

I think the tractor is mainly correct except the color of the wheels. They should be painted red! I bought the tractor from the grandson of the fellow that did the first restoration and he, for what ever reason liked black better. We've left it that way in respect to him.

Dave Olson

B Reimer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying a Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a C to me, got one like it on rubber.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters