Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

801-B Case-O-Matic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johninutah
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: 801-B Case-O-Matic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I split an 800 series Case o matic tractor to swap out a good unit from a parts tractor. The I&T manual refers to a special Case tool #A20165 "loading fixture" to remove the unit from the tractor. Does anyone have specs for one, is it even needed or other suggestions? Thank You in advance, John Nye

Den N Ms
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 801-B Case-O-Matic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

John,It can be done without it,you just have to be careful and not damage the converter seal.

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 801-B Case-O-Matic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All the fixture is is a frame that bolts to the face of the converter , sticks up and bends back over the bell housing to balance the torque converter with a shop crane, can easily be duplicated with some flat steel and a little ingenuity. On the piece that sticks back over the top of the bell housing several holes could be drilled to select one where the converter balances well, visualize it, you"ll get the idea real quick. mEl

johninutah
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 801-B Case-O-Matic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks gentlemen, I'll give it a shot and keep in close touch with my welder and I&T manual. John Nye

INCase
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: 801-B Case-O-Matic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some suggest leaving the PTO shaft attached to let it keep things in line. I did that and took the pump out and the valve off the left side and placed a strap thru those holes and around the clutch section of the converter and attached it to one end of an engine hoist balancer and the other end of the engine balancer to the face of the converter (bolted). The balancer beam is then lengthwise to the tractor. You will have to move the strap a couple times as you pull the unit out.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters