Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Snap-coupler Plow Hitch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WI Dave
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Snap-coupler Plow Hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How does this 2-16 snap couple plow hitch to the tractor? Is it missing the "loop" that snaps into the bell housing? Any info is appreciated.

Clay in MI

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Snap-coupler Plow Hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It may be a plow to fit the early WD with a pin style hitch instead of the later loop and bell style.

Jerry Coulter
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Snap-coupler Plow Hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You have the early WD plow which pre-dates the snap coupler system. 2 pins connect the tractor drawbar to the plow drawbar, 1 of them has a long stem on it so you can work it from the tractor seat in & out of the plow connection to the tractor, the other pin is somewhat U shaped and goes through the 2 holes at the end of the plow tongue and across above the tractor drawbar. But you could use any kind of pin or bolt that fits the holes. 2 more pins attach the lift links. Remove the 2 pins which control the drawbar height so that the tractor drawbar can move up and down with the plow. If the tractor has snap coupler, remove the drawbar bail.

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Snap-coupler Plow Hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Similar drawbar setup is used on the two-row planter that mounts to the early WD. In that case, some different parts can be used to make it into a Snap-Coupler machine. I wonder if the plow frame is similar enough to the standard pin hitch or Snap-Coupler setup, that it could be converted. Can"t see the frame well enough to tell. I have 3 bottom pin and SC types, but have never seen one like this.

chevytaHOE5674
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Snap-coupler Plow Hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have two of the same plows. Leave the stock drawbar attached and the plows tongue just pins to it.

bg/mo
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Snap-coupler Plow Hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

also the drawbar has to be adjusted to the shortest position, i will post a pic if i can , its kinda confusing till you see one

chevytaHOE5674
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Snap-coupler Plow Hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would post a picture but mine is buried under a few feet of snow. But in a few weeks when its time to plow up the field I'll try to remember to get a picture.

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Snap-coupler Plow Hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You need to unpin the bail so it can pivot, right?

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Snap-coupler Plow Hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Make one thing a HABIT on any non-snap-coupler AC..

ALWAYS Check the condition of the cotter pins that retain the Main cross Bolt..
IF that should ever come out while plowing, the plow comes up into the seat with you--tail-First..

Snap-Coupler conversions were installed and retro-fitted to most early AC tractors and saved many lives...

Ron..

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Snap-coupler Plow Hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think the Bail is removed..

It is on my Sub-soiler..and for the sub-soiler, you need to remove the PTO shaft, too..

Ron..

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters