Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Will a Roll-A-Matic pedestal from a 70 fit a 3020?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Brandkamp
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Will a Roll-A-Matic pedestal from a 70 fit a 3020? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Will a roll-a-matic pedestal from a 70 fit a 3020? I've bought a 237 Corn Picker and would like to put it on a 3020 or a 3010, which I will have to purchase. Most of the 3020's for sale have wide front ends and I need a narrow front end for the picker. I have a roll-a-matic pedestal assembly from a 70 and in the interest of economy would like to use it if it would work.

Thanks!

CLW
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Will a Roll-A-Matic pedestal from a 70 fit a 3020? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Robert I think it will. I had a 70 single front wheel on a 630 and bought a 620 that had a ROM from either a 3010 or 3020 on it when I got it. The 620 and 630 being the same I don't know why it won't fit.

Roger in Iowa
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Will a Roll-A-Matic pedestal from a 70 fit a 3020? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

May work but will not be the heavy duty one, probably. Heavy duty version has two plates on the side of the ROM secured by 4 bolts in a rectangle.

Other versions are triangle plate with 3 bolts and square with 4 bolts. There may be more.

2-banger
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Will a Roll-A-Matic pedestal from a 70 fit a 3020? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ive got a 720 with a roll a matic off a 4020 so iam going to say yes it will fit

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: Will a Roll-A-Matic pedestal from a 70 fit a 3020? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Roger in Iowa wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:32:21 06/07/10) May work but will not be the heavy duty one, probably. Heavy duty version has two plates on the side of the ROM secured by 4 bolts in a rectangle.

Other versions are triangle plate with 3 bolts and square with 4 bolts. There may be more.

Roger,
When you state plates are you referring to the caps on the spindles that cover the bolts holding the spindles together? These numbers are out of 4010 PC.

AR39858 CAP 2 (MARKED R39925) (SUB FOR R26946)
R30391 CAP 2 (A)

ncpapaul
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Will a Roll-A-Matic pedestal from a 70 fit a 3020? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Robert it will bolt under there. It's just not as heavy a unit as the new generation ROM. If you take it easy and don't go to jumping rows like crazy it will hold up fine. Paul

Robert Brandkamp
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Will a Roll-A-Matic pedestal from a 70 fit a 3020? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for all the great info!

Freddy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Will a Roll-A-Matic pedestal from a 70 fit a 3020? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have both one from the 720D I have and one from a 4020. On the outside they are different looking both use the same upper housing pedestal. as for the internals meaning the gears they are about the same. They ride on 1 and a half teeth. To light for a corn picker I think. A solid pedestal would be better.

sodly
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Will a Roll-A-Matic pedestal from a 70 fit a 3020? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It sounds like ROMs changed with the New Generation tractors. But does anyone know if all New Generation ROMs are the same? Or did they change again with the console models in '69?

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: Will a Roll-A-Matic pedestal from a 70 fit a 3020? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sodly wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:57:34 06/09/10) It sounds like ROMs changed with the New Generation tractors. But does anyone know if all New Generation ROMs are the same? Or did they change again with the console models in '69?

According to JDparts.com AR28249 EXTENSION 1 (A) (MARKED R28002 AND R20252) was used on both early and late model 4020's. This was the heavy duty Roll-o-matic style. HTH's

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters