Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

930CK hyd trouble.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
S D Mitchell
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: 930CK hyd trouble. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi I mostly Lurk, cause I honestly normally just have enough time to read the posts here. Life of a farmer an all. On top of a really bad year for my family.

Name is Seth. By the way. Dairy farmer in Northern PA.

Any ways Ive got a problem that came up today. 3 days ago I blew out a hydraulic outlet line on my 930CK 8 speed. A pressure line. I replaced the line. Put everything back together. tested it today, an it worked fine.

Problem is with the other set of hydraulic outlets, the top set (most used, an worn). They wont work by themselves at all. their is zero resistance.

They do work on my 1410 disc mower, which uses a 3 hose set up. The hydraulic fluid returns through the 2nd sets return line. And I was using the 1st sets return line to lift with. And that's the only way it worked.

So any ideas? Is my valve shot? Or is it just gummed up? Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

Brokengun
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 930CK hyd trouble. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The valves used on the 930 had a design improvement I think around 1967.

What Case did was go to a Teflon seat for the check ball instead of allowing it to seat on the casting of the housing body.

The way you get to it is by removing the side covers where the hoses connect. Now there is also a load check ball, spring and metal guide for the spring that can fall out for both the top and bottom spools, plus you can tear the gasket.

So be prepared.

I have made the gasket before out of thin brown gasket material or a heavy brown paper bag.

I have fought the older style for years with some success by reseating the ball using a soft drift. If you decide to reseat your check ball tap on the ball for a few minutes.

I have also replaced the balls with the next larger fractional size and I have also used a grinding stone to re-cut a new seat but that’s normally a last ditch chance to salvage a valve before you find a replacement

Brokengun
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 930CK hyd trouble. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

(my copy and paste job left this off of the reply)

Did the upper spool (outlets) work before you blew the pressure line?

It sounds like your relief valves are shot or you are missing parts.

Service manuals show a break down of the 2 spool valves used on 930 tractors.

S D Mitchell
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: 930CK hyd trouble. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes it worked even after the line blew out. I used that valve to raise, an lower the mower. the line that blew was running the hyd swing. So i finished the field, an didnt touch the blown lines valve again.

Thanks.

BTW it is a 67. Ive actually posted a few pics on here before of the ol girl.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters