Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

crank and cam shaft on c

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djbnsp
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: crank and cam shaft on c Reply to specific post Reply with quote

finaly got a look inside, crankshaft an camshaft
have some pitting from sitting i asume dont see
any gouges or grooves. replace them or just
try to pollish them up the best i can

steve(ill)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: crank and cam shaft on c Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i would polish with 600 grit sand paper, then mike and see if the journal is round. they dont have to be perfect without flaws, but out of round .002 would be bad.

ASEguy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: crank and cam shaft on c Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I polish cranks with 1000 grit grit sandpaper cut to almost the size of the journal. I wrap an old flat shoelace around the journal twice so equal pressure can be exerted around the entire journal then make sure the shoelace "walks" back and forth to get the entire journal. Wet the sandpaper with WD40. If the pits are too deep you probably won't get them out by polishing. Patience is the key here. You want to end up with a bright shiny finnish. Max. journal taper and out of round is usually .001. You may also want to clean up the sealing surface while you are there. Hope that helps. Gerard

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: crank and cam shaft on c Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I use Crocus Cloth the very same way..

It will Polish out a journal surprisingly well, using the wrapped method you describe..

Ron..

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters