Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

What is this?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimBinWV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: What is this? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What kind of tractor is this?

Joe (Wa)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a 1956 or 1957 model year 311 with hand clutch. Can't see much else, poor pic.

Joe

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a 300 roundnose to me, but the tinwork looks carved up to me. Has the hand clutch the tank is shaped like the 300 and the coupler hoses run back the same area. thats my best guess. mEl

TimBinWV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: What is this? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I thought it was a roundnose, too, but the sheetmetal threw me off. It looks as if the curve of the sheetmetal actually goes forwards, then up and back to steering post. I thought this might be a rare tractor, if it was a factory piece.

TimBinWV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: What is this? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Also, notice where the exhaust comes out. Is that a grassfire manifold turned right-side up?

Randy in NE
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: What is this? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is a '56 or '57 roundnose 300 gasser. The 300 exhaust could either come out and up like this one or there is a flange at the back of the manifold to install the under slung exhaust. It looks like someone got scissor happy with the tin snips. The rest of the tractor looks like my 300's, only a little rougher. The hand clutch, hydraulic lines, gas tank, carb, wide front brackets all look like mine.

Joe (Wa)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: What is this? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The manifold is correct & installed normal for a 300. Mine is a 310 with underslung exhaust. Your pic appears to be a 311, note the adjustable front & rear.

The sheet metal appears to have been cropped for access. Looks like a nice job too, I thought of doing similar to mine but am a near total loss re sheet metal work. The round nose sheet metal has to be removed to do almost anything in that cropped area, that is why so many of these tractor have missing and cut up sheet metal.

I have to unship my FEL to move the side sheetmetal away even a little bit. I tap the hyd filter cap, hook up & hang a 0-5 psi gauge near the dash and monitor the differential pressure across the element for a few days rather than all the hazzle to get at and pull the element for maintanence check. Course I do that on most filters out of shear laziness anyway.

Joe

TimBinWV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks alot guys...so much for my initial thought that I may have found a rare one! I thought it may have been an experimental version of the 300. LOL..

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Price look a little steep to me with the hack job on the sheet metal. There is a really nice one coming up in an auction with a narrow front this weekend here at local Auction House. MacFaddens Sharon Springs NY.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters