Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Warner Gear Tranny ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herb W

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Warner Gear Tranny ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I've acquired a Warner Gear transmission which I believe came from an allis - just trying to determine which model(s) it was used in.

The id marks are: WG DIV T9 1P W1

It has a pto outlet on one side.
Think it's from an AC because of the orange paint, and the part No. on the shift lever is AC 9A 2R.

Anyone know?

Thanks,
Herb Mb

Herb W

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Warner Gear Tranny ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Forgot to add: The fellow I got it from said it had been attached to a 4 cyl flathead.

steve(ill)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Warner Gear Tranny ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

been a LOOOONG time since Allis built a flat head motor. sorry, im no help.

Tramway Guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Warner Gear Tranny ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The only thing Allis that it could be from is the 'M7(?)' Snow tractor, which used a Jeep engine and transmission. But it was painted white.
You have the famous Warner Gear T9. Probably almost as common as dirt.

Herb W

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Warner Gear Tranny ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks guys!
Okay, never heard of the snow tractor before... just did some reading about it - very interesting.
The trans I have does have traces of orange paint though. If AC didn't use it in anything else, seems unlikely that it would have been orange under the white...
Does the part No. from the shift lever look like a legit AC part No? Would that help to nail down the application of the tranny?

Herb

Clark Yale

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Warner Gear Tranny ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

T-9 's were used in alot of older forkifts too

Herb W

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: Warner Gear Tranny ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ah, that seems a lot more likely - probably from a forklift w a flathead continental.

Thanks,
Herb

ferg1
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: Warner Gear Tranny ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Herb W wrote:
(quoted from post at 05:16:30 07/02/10) Ah, that seems a lot more likely - probably from a forklift w a flathead continental.

Thanks,
Herb

Hello All.
The 4 cyl flat head that has been refered to is probably a V4 wisconsin.
I have an old ( about 1968 ) V30 ditchwitch that has this configuration in it. It is also painted orange.
Hope this helps Ferg

ditchwitchr40
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Warner Gear Tranny ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would have to agree, My ditch witch r40 has this transmission, attached to my v4 wisconsin, which is all orange.

[/quote]

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters