Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Ford 3600 Diesel-- Wiring?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin (FL)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:02 am    Post subject: Ford 3600 Diesel-- Wiring? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Already posted this on the Ford page, but no one answered. Hoping someone on this page could help. I just bought this tractor for my brother but the wiring is a mess and nothing electrical works except the starter.

Previous post:

Does anyone have a decent wiring diagram for this tractor? I just got a manual (I & T), but it has only one diagram with very little detail.

Thanks.

Kirk Grau
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 3600 Diesel-- Wiring? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Saw that over on the Ford board and am intending to try to reply properly when I have some time to scan a few pages from my Service Manual unless somebody beats me to it. Having said all that there is not much to the wiring for the tractor. You could probably rewire it by tracing a few things out, most if it is pretty self explanatory.

Might get a chance to be at my desk tonight if nobidy replies by then.

Kirk

Kevin (FL)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 3600 Diesel-- Wiring? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Kirk,

The problem I'm having is that the wiring harness has been cut in half and there's a big clump of wires taped together with electrical tape. I can figure out the lights and probably the alternator, but not sure about the dash indicator lights and a few other wires going to the engine. Appreciate your efforts. When I get some "extra" money, I'll buy a better manual...thanks again...

Kirk Grau
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 3600 Diesel-- Wiring? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here, try these. Some assembly required since I only have a 8.5x11 scanner.

Kevin (FL)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 3600 Diesel-- Wiring? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kirk,

I sent you a message through the email link, but don't know if you'll actually receive it...

Would you be able to email the PDF files of the scans? I really can't read the diagrams too well from the JPEGs...thanks for the help!

Kirk Grau
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 3600 Diesel-- Wiring? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Send something to kirkgrau AT yahoo DOT com and I will attach the pdf's. I scanned them as PDF's, but YT would only let me load them as a jpeg (or some other format). So I had to convert them here.

You should be able to right click on the picture and save the jpeg to your local PC and print at any size necessary for legibility.

Good Luck,

Kirk

Kevin (FL)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 3600 Diesel-- Wiring? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kirk,

Just sent you an email. Was working on the pole barn project so got to email pretty late. Thanks for your efforts!

Bobk478
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 3600 Diesel-- Wiring? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got the same problem only mine was caused by mice that got in and ate everything behind instrument cluster. Now my harness has two plugs in it (one is a 6 conductor and the other is 2 conductor) back by the engine. Really don?t want to buy a whole harness, hoping I can piece it back together. Did save the drawings (thanks much) and going to see what I can do. Any help would be appreciated.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters