Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Can't believe what I found!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Saeli
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Can't believe what I found!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Put the finishing touches on the 730 tonite. Had to replace a cracked head, never Ether'd or overheated, but anyway's. I let it run to warm up so I could re-torqe & I noticed the rocker arms weren't oiling properly. I pulled them off both heads & discovered they were never assembled correctly at the factory. Oil holes on the wrong side. I'm ashamed I didn't discover it in 1988 when she was majored, then in 2004 when I did a valve job. Will somebody please fire me??!!

Lamont
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't believe what I found!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like someone should have been fired LONG before you!

Ande
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Can't believe what I found!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

John,you cant be fired,your the boss,wait,your not the boss,Chris is!

Eric in IL
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Can't believe what I found!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I ran into the same problem on a Massey Ferguson 65. I did some technical reading in my genuine Massey service manual and my I.T. manual. They disagree on the direction the rocker shaft is installed. Then after looking the shaft over, I found the I.T. to be wrong. The I.T. manual went in the trash can.

olgentdc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Can't believe what I found!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Glad to hear You got her up and going again,, Congratulations ,JOhn ... Re : , my (10 year all apart) 730 gasser had poor oiling capability,,we turned it every which way but loose .. added pint atf and put it to work raking ,,. probably need to take valve covers off and see how shes doing , but that is my favorite feeding and Wood hauler that Always starts , NO matter How Cold it Is ..

John Saeli
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Can't believe what I found!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Whether she's the boss or not, I let her think so, because "When Mama Ain't Happy, Nobody's Happy"!! Amen???

LenND
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't believe what I found!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey! You think you are better than the rest of us. Join the crowd. LOL

Ande
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't believe what I found!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

AMEN!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters