Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

belarus tractors are they junk?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mnoliverguy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: belarus tractors are they junk? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does anybody have experiance with Belarurs tractors ? Like the model 525?

Ken Macfarlane
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: belarus tractors are they junk? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tough to get repair parts for here. Used to have a dealer 10 years ago.

joe-etx
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: belarus tractors are they junk? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

well i think i have one of those here around the farm . change oil and filters like any tractor and thay work.are you having a problem with one or asking if you need to buy one.

Sam Eubanks
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: belarus tractors are they junk? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tough to service and get parts. Tough as nails otherwise.

tomstractorsandtoys
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: belarus tractors are they junk? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When brand new they are like a 30year old massey fergson. They are so far behind the other brands. A wore out JD 4020 is better than a new Belarus. No parts,dealer support or resale value.

gtx1967jewison
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: belarus tractors are they junk? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the blocks & other castings on em are mildly radioactive. no joke. due to the ore they use out of russia so im told.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: belarus tractors are they junk? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They came on gangbusters, had a lot of problems, and faded away quickly. Quietly. With no dealer or parts support....

From what I hear (and there were several dealers around here in that brief period, they sold a bunch) maybe one in 10 units worked ok.

I'd not like those odds.

--->Paul

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: belarus tractors are they junk? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You sound a little BITTER, Paul--->... did you have problems with one?

I'm not saying they were the best thing, ever, but there's a few around here still plugging along.

I don't think support is non-existent, check out he link below.
Belarus USA

Marko59er
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: belarus tractors are they junk? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought a Belarus 822 two years ago. I put a loader on it and haul big round bales with it. I knew who the previous owner was and I knew what I was getting into before I bought the tractor. I bought the tractor cheap and I do not regret buying it. The tractor is very simple to fix if something goes wrong, and it is to your benefit to fix it yourself. (I always say the only electronic thing on the tractor is the radio.)There are many places on the internet to get parts so that has not been a problem for me. I know many people bash the Belarus name, and they have no resale value, but try to find a cheaper MFD 80 hp tractor.

bison
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: belarus tractors are they junk? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

there Seems quite a few people replying that don't know dick all about belarus tractors,its all hearsay and no personal experience.
As far as i'm concerned these tractors are just as good or better than any other brand.
They are though as nails when cared for properly.
I got an 78 800 model,i bought it with 5000 hrs on it,its got over 15000 on it now.
i rebuild the engine once not because it needed it but my brother rode the clutch constantly while loading/unloading bales and took the trust brg out on the crank.I fixed that myself so all it took was a set of rings and brg and a gasket set
I also replaced the waterpump and starter once.
For the rest it runs like the energizer bunny

The biggest drawback is/was,there is very little or no dealer mechanical knowledge on these tractors and most people can't fix nothing themselves and are quik to blame the tractor.Belarus is no junk by any means but one needs to learn to fix them themselves
Parts are only a phone call away.

I buy another one in a heart beat.

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: belarus tractors are they junk? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the bevel gear setup for the front wheel assist is a poor design, a guy I worked with at Case had one apart, what a joke.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: belarus tractors are they junk? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A few distant neighbors had some issues; I didn't personally.

Dealer sold out the 3 remaining 'as is' on a consignment sale, one the rear end locked up driving home from the sale; another had pretty bad issues within 50 hours. The 3rd went farther away.

I guess farming, one depends on the tools you buy, and these things came on strong & big & bold, all sorts of promises & garentees.

Couple years later, no go, all fell apart, everyone went away with their promises & garentees. One can _find_ parts, but parts are not on the shelf like a 'real' tractor, which had been the promise.

Doesn't leave a good taste, even if it didn't affect you personally.

Like I said, a lot of them were sold in the area, relatively, and I can't think of a 'happy' story I've ever heard on any of them.

Just kinda fell apart, both the dealer network and the machines themselves. :)

Musta been a few good units out there - just dumb luck, as I do read on the internet a happy owner once in a long while.

--->Paul

JDseller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: belarus tractors are they junk? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Worked on several 925s. They are hard to get parts for. The front mfwd axles on the 925 seemed to have bearing problems. I had trouble keeping the outer drive bearing from going out. One scraped the housing. Found a used one in Southern Arkansas. I would stay away from one unless you are using it a very few hours a year.

dave2

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: belarus tractors are they junk? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mnoliverguy wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:01:26 01/12/11) Does anybody have experiance with Belarurs tractors ? Like the model 525?

Prolly one of the only tractors still being built where it started out.......

Wife works with a bunch of russians and folks from the former communist states(countries now) that had to use that stuff. One guy told her that anything that would work for a few years in russia would last anyone else a lifetime. Parts are still readily available here and the used tractors are still competing with comparable non communist brands in price. Butt ugly tractors though.

Dave

Bendee

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: belarus tractors are they junk? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That first line of Dave2 probably sums it up.. nobody wants them, if they were good would have been bought out by now.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters