Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Gleaner A Repair manual

View previous topic :: View next topic  
haysjohn
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Gleaner A Repair manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I use a Gleaner A on our small farm. I needed to rebuild the engine but have not been able to find a repair manual for this combine. This has the B230 engine. I have enough info to finish the build but was wondering whether a repair manual is available for this combine. I have a parts and operator"s Manual as well as a set-up manual.

I also read here that no tractor used this engine. Is this true? I was under the impression the engine was also used in a tractor. Thanks.

Jim350
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Gleaner A Repair manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

See if something here might be what you need.

Jim350
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Gleaner A Repair manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try Here
Manuals

Kentb of SWMO
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Gleaner A Repair manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IT HAS A G-230 POWER UNIT not B-230. The manuel for the engine is not part of the combine manuel. It is a stand along manuel The manuel should cover the G-230 and G-262 as the engines are the same except for bore and stroke. I have a G-230 from a A-II and a Early F with a G-230 Power Unit. Where are you located?

Kent

haysjohn
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Gleaner A Repair manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Interesting. The Model No. on the bell housing is B 230. I thought the G 230 was a later version. Maybe they are the same. This is an older A. Serial no. A19735. Located in Anthony Kansas.

Kentb of SWMO
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Gleaner A Repair manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The engine MODEL and SERIAL NUMBER should be on a tag ON THE ENGINE, NOT bell housing, at the right rear of the engine block above the starter kink of behind the manifold.

Kent

haysjohn
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Gleaner A Repair manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is no tag on this engine. According to the operator's manual it is supposed to be on the starter side of the block. There is no evidence there ever was a tag in this location. The only tag is on the bell housing. I finally tracked down a manual on these Allis engines so thanks for your help.

Kentb of SWMO
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Gleaner A Repair manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Allis G-230, G-262 NOT on the maueals listed.

Kent

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters