Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

49 LA pics again

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevemoeller
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: 49 LA pics again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Let's try again. Computers always have been a challenge for me.

C. Amick
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 49 LA pics again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very nice. Are you going to add decals? The big CASE decals on the rear fenders of an LA really look cool. Thanks for sharing.

charley hellickson
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 49 LA pics again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Steve.

Looks allfull nice. Great job.

Charley gold medal winner.

Stevemoeller
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 49 LA pics again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks! I can"t take the paint credit. Friend in Hasty MN is doing all that and I"m just helping. We"ve got the decals. Good to know they will look good. I"ll post again when we are done.

Stevemoeller
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 49 LA pics again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Charley. Friend of mine is did all the tear down, cleanup, and paint. I'm just the part time helper. He's good. He's mainly a JD guy but wanted to do this one.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: 49 LA pics again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very nice. Enjoy it. Get it done and get some pics to Mark for the calandar.

mikefromiowa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: 49 LA pics again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very nice. I wish my VAC looked that good. Thinking about buying a zero turn lawn mower and retiring the VAC to the restoration yard this year. Sell the belly mower off from under it.

ddl
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 49 LA pics again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What do you know about the seat that is in the picture? i have one on a 41 d and am told it is what they called a comfort seat? anybody know for sure?

Stevemoeller
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 49 LA pics again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got the seat from Don Livingston. It"s off a DC. Got the c-channel under it & the 2 springs where it attaches to the trany off a 47 LA laying in a field in IA(that c-chanel & springs were very hard to find). The 47 LA seat on that same junk tractor had 4 drain holes in it, but it was too rusty to save. The DC seat I have doesn"t have drain holes. Not sure if there is anything special about the whole setup or not. It moves up & down very nicely. Soft ride. Dad had put an aftermarket foam seat on it & thrown away the original.

Stevemoeller
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 49 LA pics again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Mike. Has taken me almost 10 yrs to finish it. Looking for parts and fixing everything was really a lot of fun. A VAC would be great. They're pretty rare.

Don Rudolph
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 49 LA pics again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well done! Should be a calendar picture.

combinekid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: 49 LA pics again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I to want to put in my complements! That tractor looks great! You did a fine job! I completely restored a 48 LA and it took me 5 years so I certainly know the time effort and money that it takes to do an LA. They sure are worth it when there done! If I may offer one bit of advice it would be to be sure and use the good quality vinyl cut decals and not the cheaper Mylar ones. I bought a Mylar set first for mine then I found out that the vinyl ones were available so I bought a set of them to and there is no comparison in quality the vinyl ones do not have clear film in between the letters and the stripes and they look much nicer Especially the big case fender decals. You can get the vinyl cut ones from Don L. Once again awesome looking tractor!

Allan from PA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: 49 LA pics again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very nice job. Love it! Allan.

ddl
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: 49 LA pics again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was referring to the one in the old photograph. the one that has a bottom and a back. guess i didn't make that to clear.

Nick@KY
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 49 LA pics again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks real nice!! Do you have any pics of you on it from back in the day? Thanks for posting, Nick

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters