Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

WC Spindle removal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LWW
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: WC Spindle removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How do you go about removing the spindles from the bolster on a narrow front WC? I don't think they're welded in, and suspect they can be replaced, but don't know how they are removed. Any and all help will be appreciated, thank you.

Jim350
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: WC Spindle removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don"t think they were welded in.
There should be a pin holding the spindles in.
If yours are welded I would think someone did that. Not the factory.

JoeM(GA)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: WC Spindle removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

.see if this helps
Photobucket

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: WC Spindle removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Like the other Jim says- they are pinned. Clean it up well after removing the hubs, wire brush the paint, and you should find them. Often flush with the casting, so you need to look carefully for the telltale circle. I don"t know if they are tapered pins, but just in case, I would not pound on any end sticking out.

LWW
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: WC Spindle removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's EXACTLY what I was looking for, thanks for the help, guys.

Jim350
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: WC Spindle removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Should be a straight pin.

60 acre hillside
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: WC Spindle removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

But I think they are only sold as an assembly.

Brian G. NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: WC Spindle removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would think there are a ton of used ones out there, tho!

60 acre hillside
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: WC Spindle removal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The bearing sometimes turn and ruin the center part. The spindles should still be alright.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters