Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

LA finished-3rd pic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve-MN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: LA finished-3rd pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok, here's the 3rd/4th pic. Musta been so large it didn't upload. OR.....I just don't know what the heck I'm doing!
Steve

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: LA finished-3rd pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

as i said NICE I like the custom air intake, but I have to ask what is the wood box?

casenut1
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: LA finished-3rd pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

looks like an orginal case tool kit. there is one on an auction this saturday. believe it is the estate sale in Wis.

jason ferfecki
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: LA finished-3rd pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

that sure looks like an early beltfed ammo can mounted on there.

SDLars
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: LA finished-3rd pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great job! Hope my '49 will look half that nice when we're done. Lots of pieces right now.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: LA finished-3rd pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very nice job referbishing the tractor. I can spend hours telling you about plowing, discing, baleing and chopping with our LA. Your's certainly brings back memories. Thanks The Acg.

flambeau1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: LA finished-3rd pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What kind of paint did you use?

flambeau1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: LA finished-3rd pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What estate sale in WI is the toolkit at?

casenut1
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: LA finished-3rd pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

go to midwestauction.com,Scroll to WI then find April 16th.

Steve-MN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: LA finished-3rd pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The hardener for the topcoat is OMNI MH202 HG. The topcoat is an MAE acrylic enamel from Omni. The OEM code is FLEET & Brand Code 71282. It's called Flambeau Red. The ratio was 4 paint to 1 MR Reducer(thinner) to 1 Hardener(MH202). The Primer is OMNI MP181 1K Primer Surfacer.
The rims were OMNI Diamond Silvermetalic. OEM code L97A,Z4-Brand Code 2803. All the mixing instructions were pretty clear on the paperwork. Ron got the paint at Harry's Auto Supply.
I can get more info from Ron if you would like more details.
Steve

Steve-MN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: LA finished-3rd pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Me too! We better not get together, some beer would be gone. Like most kids I was ADD and would spend a half our on each fender, a half hour in the seat, a half hour standing up and repeat it for 12-14 hrs a day. For a while I'd take a rifle with me and try to shoot coyotes. They would lay on the hillside sunning themselves 100 yds away. If you stopped they would run so I'd shoot from the tractor while moving. Never hit one. Good memories.
Thanks

Steve-MN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: LA finished-3rd pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Only took me 9.5 yrs. You'll be a lot faster!
Thanks!

Steve-MN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: LA finished-3rd pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is. WWI. Came with the tractor when Dad bought it in 67. The guy who owned it was 84 when he sold it. The box was pretty dryrotted and I refinished it 2 months ago. Lot's of coats to seal it up. I looked WWI ammo boxes up on the internet and bought harness leather and replaced the handle. Used the tools and rivits from Grandpa's leather working tools we found in the tool shed.

Steve-MN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: LA finished-3rd pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I darn near replaced it. The ammo box finished up nice enough that I think I'll leave it for now. It's probably been on there 50 yrs. Case tool boxes are hard to find. I'm thinking I should buy one just in case. Do you know what it might go for?
Thanks

Steve-MN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: LA finished-3rd pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's a WWI oak ammo box for feeding machine guns. It was on there when Dad bought in 1967. It finished up ok, so I'll leave it for now. There was 2 things we looked for when we found the tractor after being gone for 19 yrs. The air intake and the ammo box! Don't have the heart to replace it right now. The air intake was like that too in 67. Someone had too much time on their hands. The fellow we got it from retired from farming & bought the LA for custom field work in 49 new. He sold to us when he was 84.
Thanks for the compliments.
Steve

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters