Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

D vs DC Wide Front

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonV
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: D vs DC Wide Front Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is a D front axle narrower than a DC (not row crop)? I currently have a D axle under my DC and have been curious. I could also really use the axle spacer for it if anyone has one. I know John has 'em new, but used would be great since I'm on a tight budget. And hey if anyone wants to trade a DC front end for a D let me know!

JohnDY

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: D vs DC Wide Front Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just to get the termonology right-DC-3 is the row crop version with the both the narrow and wide fronts sticks out beyond the radiator. The D has fixed rear and front with small tires that the DC tractors. The DC-4 is the wide front where the axle sits under the radiator. the later DC-4s have the heart shaped part to hold the front axle and is more desireable than the older style fronts. DC-4 has adjustable rear wheels but front is not. As you know the D rear axle is not adjustable. You should be looking for a DC-4 axle.

JonV
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: D vs DC Wide Front Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes I know the difference, thanks for the info though. I'd most like a DC-4 front end, but if the D is the same width, I'll leave it on there and just get the spacer. If not the same width, I'd like to find either a DC-4 or even a DC-3 narrow front end. Really don't care which, I just want it to sit right and not have the front narrower than it should be (if using the wide front). Hope that makes sense.

DKase
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: D vs DC Wide Front Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The D and DC-4 front axle is the same thing. The spindles are different. The front spindles are lower and that gives the front axle more ground clearance on the DC-4. The spacer that fits on the axle on the DC-4 will fit a D.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: D vs DC Wide Front Reply to specific post Reply with quote

if you are saying you want a DC-4 front and you have a D styleto trade I do have an extra DC-4 axle in NE wyoming cnt

JonV
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: D vs DC Wide Front Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Case Nutty 1660 wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:57:28 06/22/11) if you are saying you want a DC-4 front and you have a D styleto trade I do have an extra DC-4 axle in NE wyoming cnt

I tried to PM you, but it's under construction. I'll try again later.

tomturkey
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: D vs DC Wide Front Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am very confused and facinated with this subject. Not having a profound knowledge of front axles that were used on the various models. Maybe, someone could post some pictures of the different front end set-ups and configurations. I learn best with pictures. No I'm not from the "Show me state" but should be. gobble

JonV
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: D vs DC Wide Front Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is my D axle under a DC, note the spindles are nearly even with the body of the axle.

Untitled by JVid, on Flickr

John Harmon.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: D vs DC Wide Front Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Explain what a PM is please.I can understand an EM [e-mail]

JonV
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: D vs DC Wide Front Reply to specific post Reply with quote

John Harmon. wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:58:42 06/23/11) Explain what a PM is please.I can understand an EM [e-mail]

PM=Private Message

The link button is in the lower left of every post.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters