Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Aftermarket 3 point hitch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ESKAY
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:19 am    Post subject: Aftermarket 3 point hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I"m considering buying a WD 45 is anyone familar with aftermarket 3 point hitches ? how do they work ? etc..? Also anything I should look for in particular about this tractor? Thanks, ESKAY

BDT in Minnesota
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket 3 point hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There are several designs of three-point hitch conversion kits that work well on a WD45. One thing for sure; I would keep the original swinging drawbar on the tractor. This site, for one, offers conversion kits.. Look them all over; I sure others will offer more words of "advice-wisdom" from their experiences.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket 3 point hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I build my own 3 points for them. Not all that hard to do and I keep the factory draw bar set up. I simple use a set of 3 point arms like used on fords and a cross bar that bolts to the factory draw bar for the forward pivot and then a set of adjustable rams to the snap couple area. Hard to really explain and but all that hard to set up

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket 3 point hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I very much prefer the 3-Point conversion that snaps into the original snap-couple (on a WD-45)..
It keeps the Traction Booster functional...

Ron

dkattau
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket 3 point hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Allis made a conversion of their own. It was the wishbone style that hitches to the snap coupler. Only trouble, couldn't use it with pto equip. cause the center link hooks to the swaybar on the wishbone. Pto shaft would hit it. I've got an aftermarket style similar to it on my CA. Comes off really easy so I can hook up to a snap coupler plow. If you're just going to do 3pt and drawbar work with it, the style that bolts to the drawbar may be the way to go. I paid $375 for mine, that included shipping.

ESKAY
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket 3 point hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you all for your input. I will mostly mowing with this tractor so I"ll be looking for an after market 3 point conversion. By the way I bought the tractor she"s a real beaut.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters