Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Case 1470 cab weight

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Kozlowski
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Case 1470 cab weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does anyone have any documentation that gives the weight of a Case 1470 cab? This is usually found in the Case price lists, but my 1970 price list gives the weight for everything but the actual cab. There's actually weights listed for the cab options, like the heater, air conditioner and wiper, but not the actual cab! Any help would be appreciated, I'm trying to add up the weight of a tractor for shipping.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 1470 cab weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jason I think with a blower and htr should be right a 500lbs don't think it is in the ops but can check. I took one off to work on a customer and used my "DC" with Ducan loader and it flelt pretty light, I use to load round bales with it that weighed 1000-1200lbs and the cab had to half that just a guess though cnt

Howard H.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 1470 cab weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you are talking about a certain one from the Texas panhandle that sold this week you might want to estimate on the high side! One I saw sell had a slab of weights under the front end that must have been 2000-3000 pounds...

Howard

Jason Kozlowski
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 1470 cab weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That seems in the right ballpark to me, since they are not Roll protected cabs until you get to the 2470. However, the shipping weight for a crated Case 1200 cab was 1010 lbs, according to Case. That seems way too heavy to me, but Case printed it right in the price list.

Jason Kozlowski
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 1470 cab weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No, my 1470 is already bought, I'm just sorting out shipping issues. However, those weights under the front end are factory, and I want a set, if you know where I can find some. Any pictures to show of the tractor that just sold in TX?

rcgrey
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Case 1470 cab weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jason, I don"t Know if this helps but my 1470 bareback with 28.1/26 tires (no liquid) and 2 450# front weights, cab with no air conditioner on scales weighs right around 17000#

Jason Kozlowski
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Case 1470 cab weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This tractor doesn't have the front weights, it has a cab with just a blower, loaded 28.1" x 26" tires, and a three point. I guess the liquid is the biggest question. My 2470 owner's manual gives loaded tire weights. Does anyone have a 1470 manual that gives loaded tire weights?

rcgrey
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Case 1470 cab weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jason, My 1470 operators manual says 28.1/26 tires 50% full adds 1075# per tire. hope this helps, JIM

Jason Kozlowski
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Case 1470 cab weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, That will give me a better idea. Thanks Jim!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters