Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1030 Hydralic Levers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt in Mich
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: 1030 Hydralic Levers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I broke the hydralic levers on my 1030 off at the pivot, not one of Case"s better ideas, IMHO, pretty slim levers attached to a pretty heavy duty pivot. I want to remove the levers at the pivot on the floor so I can weld them back together. Can"t seem to get them past the battery tray. Do I need to remove the battery tray? What am I missing here? Thanks for any help.

Don Rudolph
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 1030 Hydralic Levers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ever look at the levers on a 180 Allis? Half as thick as your 1030, maybe.

1030 Brian
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 1030 Hydralic Levers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You'll need to remove the entire seat mount, the center deck piece and maybe the fuel tank to get to the battery box cover to remove it. It has been awhile since I had mine apart.

Brian

Lamont
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 1030 Hydralic Levers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know what it takes to get them off, but while you're figuring everything out go ahead and try to figure out WHY you broke them in the first place. Something must be in a bind somewhere. Never had any trouble with hydraulic levers on 830, 930, or 1030 with same style levers. Always worked really easy and smooth. I think there's an underlying problem somewhere.

Zach81
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 1030 Hydralic Levers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a similar problem with the levers on my 930. If it is set outside for a long time then they rust to the shaft and will not piviot. You shouldnt have forced them til they broke. They need removed and the shaft should be cleaned with emory cloth and reinstalled. Make sure the grease fitting will take grease. Then it should be fine. I have some levers in the barn from a parts tractor if you need them.

Matt in Mich
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: 1030 Hydralic Levers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My thanks to all who responded. Ended up unbolting the 3-point hitch hydralic lever at the pivot. Then we removed the two bolts holding the pivot down. Pretty simple when we got into it. One of the levers was broken off when I purchased the tractor and the other looked like it was mostly broken for quite some time. Went back together pretty simply. Just fastened the levers to the pivot and dropped the linkage down thru the floor plate. Popped in the two holddown bolts and reinstalled the pivot bold for the 3-point lever. Again, my thanks to all who replied. Hope this is of some help to others who need to do this repair.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters