Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

VAC-14 Exhaust Under Tractor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christopher Mikesell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: VAC-14 Exhaust Under Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a case VAC-14 which originally had the under-tractor exhaust option, as evidenced by a set of mangled brackets under the left floorboard and an under-hood air cleaner. I would like to recreate this exhaust configuration but I cannot find any specific information on it, except for an illustration that was in some case literature. I can fabricate the exhaust elbow and exhaust pipe, but I need to know accurate pipe sizes, lengths, bend angles, and muffler dimensions. I would like to make this thing look and fit like an original if possible, rather than just making it look similar to the illustration. Also, I think the exhaust pipe exited behind the rear axel, since there is a mangled bracket hooked under the left-side eagle hitch mounting bolts.

j heikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: VAC-14 Exhaust Under Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

if no one can come up with dimensionx,, you can take a 3/8 lenhth of rebar , bend it to the form needed , take it to a muffler shop and have it made ...

Christopher Mikesell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: VAC-14 Exhaust Under Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like the idea of this option, since I get tired of smelling the exhaust fumes coming from the stack of my friend's Cockshutt 40 after an hour or two of brush hogging. I usually spend four or five 9 hour days brush hogging for a landowner at the end of summer. Also, having no muffler sticking out would make working in the woods a lot less worrysome.

CHinNY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: VAC-14 Exhaust Under Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Something to think about . I HAD the sweetest 300 you could own with under exiting exhaust from the factory and used it to brush hog alot then one day i was going along and smelled something burning looked down and i was on fire !!! Hydrualic hose had a pin hole spraying on the exhaust pipe caught on fire and the dry grass i was cutting started to burn. I lost a nice tractor only had enough in the fire extinger to put grass fire out I swear i would never have under slug exhaust again!!

Christopher Mikesell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: VAC-14 Exhaust Under Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Fortunately, the entire hydraulics system on the VAC-14 is on the opposite side from the under-tractor exhaust.

Christopher Mikesell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: VAC-14 Exhaust Under Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just got a glimpse of a free online parts manual which covers the VAC-14, and which gives parts numbers for the under-tractor exhaust. I will try to get to the local case dealer sometime this week and see if any of the parts numbers are still valid.

Christopher Mikesell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: VAC-14 Exhaust Under Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Unfortunately, no parts are available for the underslung exhaust from my local dealer.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters