Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

AGCO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hd6gtom
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: AGCO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Folks I know AGCO has been hashed over quite a bit lately. I will admit to being 62 this year and dont get around like I did 10 years ago. I might have missed this, if I did someone please come back and let me know wwhere they are located. I went to the Iowa State fair last week and looked at the new farm machinery. I did not see 1 piece of new Agco equiptment. Case/IH, Ford/New Holland, and Deere were there. We have over 1 million people come through the gates. Iowa is usually in the top 5 producers of Corn, Beans, Cattle in the whole USA. I do not understand a company not showing off their stuff.

John (C-IL)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: AGCO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you didn't see any Massey or CAT/Challengers they weren't there. We have a pretty high level farm show here that Deere does not come to. THe local dealers couldn't agree on who was going to do what so corporate said no body will go. The IH and AGCO guys love not having to look at green paint all week.

Wisconsin Cowman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: AGCO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You won't see anymore new orange tractors anymore has been like this a while. Only Agco tractors you will see are the Massey and Challengers.

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: AGCO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Major machinery companies left the MN State Fair years ago- 80 acre Machinery Hill was the big attraction for decades. Now they go to Farmfest in Redwood Falls in the summer, sort of like Big Iron in Fargo(?). Reason? mostly lookers from the cities at the fair. Serious buyers go to Farmfest.

Tom Ia
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: AGCO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The best new machinery show in Iowa is the Clay County Fair in Spencer Iowa.

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: AGCO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hd6gtom wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:00:25 08/18/11) Folks I know AGCO has been hashed over quite a bit lately. I will admit to being 62 this year and dont get around like I did 10 years ago. I might have missed this, if I did someone please come back and let me know wwhere they are located. I went to the Iowa State fair last week and looked at the new farm machinery. I did not see 1 piece of new Agco equiptment. Case/IH, Ford/New Holland, and Deere were there. We have over 1 million people come through the gates. Iowa is usually in the top 5 producers of Corn, Beans, Cattle in the whole USA. I do not understand a company not showing off their stuff.

We did not attend this years Iowa state fair. We went last year, and there was not one item of farm machinery on display other than the 4H and FFA restored tractor projects.

John Harmon
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: AGCO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The last Agco AC to come off the assembly line. in 2010. These people with their "Your Agriculture company" on the wall behind them should all run and hide. They have finally buried an Agricultural Iconic Name into the history books. I really feel bad about this.I farmed with Persion Orange,with at one time 6 of them around the place.From a WC to a D21,and they all were good to me and mine.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters