Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

400 gas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Saeli
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: 400 gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just got back from the scrap yard. They got a CASE 412. Gas, 4 Wheel Standard. Grill & starter missing, but otherwise complete. Engine free. Said they would sell it for .25 per pound. When they get time they will pull it across the scale & call me. Tires loaded & engine full of oil, so I assume the tranny is full of oil & water. Anybody know the shipping weight?

Doc Larry
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: 400 gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The standard diesel is 5600 lbs if that helps.

Zach81
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 400 gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Drian the rears and the nasty oil, and save a few bucks!

John Saeli
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 400 gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm sure they won't give me that oportunity, but Doc gave me a weight to go by.

D-C-741
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 400 gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

witch yard got it/No I'm not trying to get there and buy it.

TRACTORNUTJD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: 400 gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hope you get to save it! I still don"t see how people can do this. They must have no knowlage or care. Maybe a running tractor with a little work. good luck!

caseman-d
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: 400 gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't take this the wrong way but steel is worth more on your end of the country than it is here in western SD.It's not like 5 or 6 yrs ago when one could pick up a running tractor for 500-750 dollars from the tree grove or fence line. Now a skid row tractor can bring 1400 and up. Times have changed last few years.
caseman-d

John Saeli
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: 400 gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dale: No fear of you buying, wish I had 1/2 of what you scrapped, but have at it. It's @ Trouts, Waterloo. They haven't got back to me yet.

Mathias NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: 400 gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Congrats on the find! I breifly looked at buying a 415 (orchard gasser w/eagle hitch). It was close to running, but even at $1000 it was still too much of a project for my taste.

5600 lbs sounds a little low to me, especially if the tires are loaded. My DO weighs over 5000 w/o loaded tires and the 400's are a lot more massive. With 16.9x26 rear tires, you will have over 1200 lbs just in water weight. If the tractor tips the scales at 6500, you may want to argue that you won't pay $.25/lb for the water.

Good luck!

D-C-741
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: 400 gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No John It is your Find.Hope you get it.I'v got to go get some others 2870 & 2670 & 1070 & 2470 and a Cupple of maybe Deals on 2094 & 2294 & 1370 That are ? Some are fix an sell deals some are getting used for parts.

John Saeli
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 400 gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't need it, just don't want to see it gone forever. I need a cab & air for a 2094. Got anything?

D-C-741
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 400 gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

not yet,the one I know of has a 8 speed/has 4 th & 8 th Not working it just Grinds /it is a internal problem.would have to be totaly taken apart to fix,is Not worth fixing /runs good.

Doc Larry
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 400 gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That 5600 lb weight"s for tires with air, not liquid. Hopefully they don"t want 25 cents a pound for water! Good luck!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters