Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

some last minite haying

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: some last minite haying Reply to specific post Reply with quote

had a friend call and what some 2nd cutting alpha put up really nice hay and is real pretty up at his place,, blew a once repaired pitman arm ( not by me) not repairable so I ordered a new one 247.00 from Hesston should be here tuesday or so thats farming LOL cnt

700 man
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: some last minite haying Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 830 looks just like yours,same cab,same back wheels,I'm really jealous of that 770

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: some last minite haying Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's not last minute haying. Last minute haying is when you can't see the windrow because the snow is blinding you!

blackknight870
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: some last minite haying Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thats only 2nd crop? were almost done with our 3rd here in wisconsin

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: some last minite haying Reply to specific post Reply with quote

we usally don't get a 2nd one but this is sub irragated is why LOL cnt

NickatKY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: some last minite haying Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Casenutty you are living the DREAM!!!!!
Thanks Nick

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: some last minite haying Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree on the 770. Dont see too many of them.

Eldo case
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: some last minite haying Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It would be nice to have green grass, not brown and feeding hay. It will be a long time till spring! That is the way it is in south west Missouri. Nice tractors you have.

Spotted Horse
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: some last minite haying Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is that a 14' Hesston 1014 you are cutting with?

What model rake is behind your 770?

I bought a 14' Hesston 1014 about 2 weeks ago, and now I'm shopping for a rake to match it.
Any suggestions?

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: some last minite haying Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yes it is a 1014 plus 2 a double sickle unit, and the rake is a 10 wheel 3pt model, it works fine on large field with gradual turns, if you have sharp twistys I recomend a pull type unit wheel or rollbar type as they will rake around corners well, also if you go with a wheel type I perfer a high-capicity one as they handel large windrows with less bunching cnt

Spotted Horse
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: some last minite haying Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.
A lot of my hay ground is hills, so I need something that will work good going over terraces and around odd shaped fields.
I was considering a "pull type" V-rake of some sort.
I used a H&S high capacity rake this summer on a couple of cuttings and really like it, but the fella sold it to another neighbor (due to health issues) before I found out it was for sale.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters